The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Brakk

Etellex

To people defending the brakk-

First off, exclusive content shouldn't trivialize pre-existing content. It is bad design philosophy. This game used to actually be a challenge, and it was fun. Ever since the "buff everything" crowd managed to convince DE it has all gone to @(*()$ S#&$. Everything in this game is so @(*()$ easy, I shouldn't have to gimp myself to get a fun experience, but alas. I am honestly disgusted by your logic. "my toy needs to be the best! nobody else can have it and it can't be touched because I worked so hard doing non-skill based game play."

This is so stupid, we just keep making the game easier and easier without giving a **** about the important things in it, like the AI, tilesets, and variety of enemies. Instead we spend all of our time making horrible design choices for DE. Everyone who thinks that the current powercreep is good for the game has no knowledge of how game design works and is literally killing this game with their illogical actions. Everything in this game that has been recently added is horrible for this games longeviety. There used to be a point in which everything used to be a sidegrade (exempting the hek and gorgon). 

I am tired of new content trivializing old content for no justifiable reason. This is getting out of hand, and it needs to stop before we permanently condemn this to game design hell because of it.

Edited by Cwierz

I got the Bronco Prime in 4 runs. I lucked that out. Anybody can still get it.

I got the Brakk after running ONE HUNDRED MISSIONS. Nobody can get it.

How is somethign that took more effort and is rarer meant to be weaker than something that is readily available?

• 2 weeks later...

[Pets his Brakk while Glaring disdainfully at the OP and any supporters]

The Brakk is MINE!! I spent 10 hours on it! YOU NO NERF BAT IT!

[Wanders off muttering about his precious]

Srsy, The Brakk has got 10pts of dmg and a slightly bigger mag and a better Crit rate (but still to low mod for crits).

Better yes; but hardly world ending.

[Pets his Brakk while Glaring disdainfully at the OP and any supporters]

The Brakk is MINE!! I spent 10 hours on it! YOU NO NERF BAT IT!

[Wanders off muttering about his precious]

Srsy, The Brakk has got 10pts of dmg and a slightly bigger mag and a better Crit rate (but still to low mod for crits).

Better yes; but hardly world ending.

It already got nerfed.

It already got nerfed.

I don't think so... My Brakk is doing the same thing it always has. If it moves, I can kill it, with one or two shots at most.

If you're referring to the visual bug that only shows 4-6 pellets... Try running a mission solo. It still peppers an entire hallway shot.

*Hallway full of anything, BANG, BANG.*

Continues Sunday stroll.

Yeah, those hundred missions were hard! I had to spend like 20-30 minutes a day for 7 days playing a video game to get the Brakk. You can't just nerf it because it makes all primary shotguns and most secondarys pointless.

Strun wraith got nerfed.

Soma got nerfed (even DE said they won't).

Don't ever bet on it.

Shut the hell up with your "even DE said they won't".  Soma wasn't nerfed. Every weapon loss it's armor ignore damage, not only Soma.

Tell me how was Soma nerfed in a way that other weapons weren't?

Edited by nekrojiji

I posted this in a similar topic, but I think it can fit here too.

Generally, I agree with you. I also detest all the cries for nerfs going around as well. But even though I dislike to admit it, it may not be just blatant crying.

Think about what happened to Quick Thinking. When it was combined with Rage, it gave you near invulnerability, so it was nerfed to the point of being broken, because it was considered game breaking. It made the game far too easy for those that had it. While it did need a nerf to make it not game breaking, DE went too far and made it useless.

My point is: Maybe the Brakk does need a nerf, but you'd better be careful what you wish for (speaking to nerf crying crowd here).

Shut the hell up with your "even DE said they won't".  Soma wasn't nerfed. Every weapon loss it's armor ignore damage, not only Soma.

Tell me how was Soma nerfed in a way that other weapons weren't?

5% critical chance drop.

Soma is not even armor ignore.

Strun wraith got re-worked to be more inline with other shotties.

Ignis dropped from 150 DPS to 100 DPS 0.0

Flux was 200 DPS no ? Now 150 DPS.

So much more.

Having said that, I just make it clear again.

DE will always routinely do balancing passes, so entire metas can be broken forever.

The fact that they are WILLING to tweak and event weapon like the Strun Wraith (which is nerfed before, and this is the 2nd nerf), shows that no weapon is immune from this. 

So just be happy with your Brakk, if it gets "re-balanced" to be in line with other weapons, well that is part of DE idea in breaking the current meta. Like Quick Thinking and Rage a couple of days ago.

Edited by fatpig84

1. Brakk is overpowered.
2. Event exclusive ... bla bla bla, has no value. See nr 1.
Exclusivity is the reason enough to use it.
3. Should be balanced around Bronco Prime. Because of lore, techlevel and nr 1. Same for coming Detron.

Edited by Voidflow

So I got the Brakk after 100 long missions, and I went to test it out. I absolutely slaughtered everything with nearly no effort. I put a day or two of work into getting this hand cannon, but what about the people who farmed much longer for the now weaker bronco prime? This is a huge problem in Warframe, because no matter how hard I work to get something, something stronger will come out and make whatever I have obsolete. So my proposal is to nerf the brakk to be a little worse than the bronco prime.

what reason will there be to keep it?

So I got the Brakk after 100 long missions, and I went to test it out. I absolutely slaughtered everything with nearly no effort. I put a day or two of work into getting this hand cannon, but what about the people who farmed much longer for the now weaker bronco prime? This is a huge problem in Warframe, because no matter how hard I work to get something, something stronger will come out and make whatever I have obsolete. So my proposal is to nerf the brakk to be a little worse than the bronco prime.

LOLz.

I hate to tell you, but looking at a fully decked-out Bronco Prime now is somewhat different than it use to be.  True, the Brakk breaks face in general, but the BP seems to eat entire shields in just a shot or two agaist BOSSES.  Then it goes to work oh whatever poor slob I'm facing.

Last I saw, my level 11 BP (one Forma) was hitting for over 1300 impact damage, with something like 150 in both other categories.  It's different than the Brakk, but the Bronco Prime is SIGNIFICANTLY better than you're giving it credit for.

Also, consider this:  the Brakk had it's damage divided evenly between the three categories.  This makes it an all-around good gun.  The Bronco Prime is specialized.  This means I've sent Vor into ORBIT with the damn thing when the blast/knockdown proc'ed just before my forma.  I wish I'd screen-shotted.  He was stuck in the ceiling.

I feel kind of let down because I had to work a lot that week and didn't have a chance to do 100 missions within their time frame.

also i wanted a detron.

But it's not too strong, the other weapons are too weak. Especially the new Acrid.

Edited by Volume