Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Edged Mod

KijaJouteh

Melee REALLY needs a multishot mod, agreed? Anyone? Well, here's my idea, anyways.

Name: Double-Edged

Picture: Galatine slashing and ancient in half.

Effect:

Rank 1: +15% Multishot C7

Rank 2: +30% Multishot C10

Rank 3: +45% Multishot C13

Rank 4: +60% Multishot C16

Rank 5: +75% Multishot C19
Rank 6: +90% Multishot C22

Rank 7: +105% Multishot C27

Rank 8: +120% multishot C32

It should cost a lot to get maxed ranked, but anyways, what do you guys think?

its something thats com up alot when me and my friends talk about mods in general but theres always the issue of putting it into the game like, whether they want to have an effect to it or not. id say itd be pretty badass to make the effect of it be an afterimage and its intensity will be based on how leveled the mod is but eh, thats just me

Melee REALLY needs a multishot mod, agreed? Anyone? Well, here's my idea, anyways.

Effect:

Rank 1: +15% Multishot  +8% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage C7

Rank 2: +30% Multishot +15% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage  C10

Rank 3: +45% Multishot +23% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage C13

Rank 4: +60% Multishot +30% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage C16

Rank 5: +75% Multishot +38% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage C19

Rank 6: +90% Multishot +45% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage C22

Rank 7: +105% Multishot +53% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage C27

Rank 8: +120% Multishot +60% Damage Dealt Taken As Physics Impact Damage C32

Obtained from Derelict Vaults. Reward chance 0.01%

Fixed.

Joking aside, with the current use of melee this can not exist and be fair. Even if it works only on regular attacks it will just make everyone use Dual weapons. Maybe, maybe make it a Longsword/Dagger only mod? It would certainly buff them.

Edited by Farren

Like the first comment. No. How on earth does Multi-shot work in melee... it doesn't. Multishot is the chance of firing TWO BULLETS instead of one. So what you're trying to suggest is we magically have two swords in the place of one. I'll tell you what that is, DUEL SKANA, DUEL ZOREN, DUEL ICHOR

Like the first comment. No. How on earth does Multi-shot work in melee... it doesn't. Multishot is the chance of firing TWO BULLETS instead of one. So what you're trying to suggest is we magically have two swords in the place of one. I'll tell you what that is, DUEL SKANA, DUEL ZOREN, DUEL ICHOR

Multishot is a chance of firing 2 bullets with one cycle of the weapon instead of 1. This bullet does not detract from your ammo count whatsoever and so therefore we must magically have 2 bullets in the place of 1?

It is no different. Whilst you can make up any sort of rubbish to account for this bullet i.e hiding it in technology, the same can be done for melee.

I think a melee multishot is a lazy way of doing it though. They need to actually revamp the melee damage and entire mechanic really. As was stated, a mod with % damage (whichever method you want to use) does not do anything to improve the gap between single, dual and heavy weapons. Whilst the damage should not be the same, there should be other noticeable differences. Not to mention spamming charge attack is dull when the normal attacks have combos and fluid animations.

Effect:

Rank 1: +15% Multishot C7

Rank 2: +30% Multishot C10

Rank 3: +45% Multishot C13

Rank 4: +60% Multishot C16

Rank 5: +75% Multishot C19

Rank 6: +90% Multishot C22

Rank 7: +105% Multishot C27

Rank 8: +120% multishot C32

It should cost a lot to get maxed ranked, but anyways, what do you guys think?

^THIS.

Multishot is a chance of firing 2 bullets with one cycle of the weapon instead of 1. This bullet does not detract from your ammo count whatsoever and so therefore we must magically have 2 bullets in the place of 1?

It is no different. Whilst you can make up any sort of rubbish to account for this bullet i.e hiding it in technology, the same can be done for melee.

I think a melee multishot is a lazy way of doing it though. They need to actually revamp the melee damage and entire mechanic really. As was stated, a mod with % damage (whichever method you want to use) does not do anything to improve the gap between single, dual and heavy weapons. Whilst the damage should not be the same, there should be other noticeable differences. Not to mention spamming charge attack is dull when the normal attacks have combos and fluid animations.

The difference is, is that even if the bullet was hidden in the weapon somehow, how would that work for melee at all? We have a hidden Galatine? I would doubt that.

Anyway, I agree with your second point. Single, Duel and heavys need separation. Perhaps Singles with higher crit, Duels base damage, and heavys charge, I dunno, its just a thought.

As for the animations and charge spamming, I believe that is what the new charge animations are to resolve, so people don't get pissed at having to constantly hold their Scindo up to their head for a second to hit someone properly.

From the title "Double Edged" I would expect a Corrupted mod.

You know, a mod that gives an immense boost to one stat at the cost of another stat.

Double Edged

-X% increase in melee (or charge) damage.

-Y% decrease in shields (or health).

The difference is, is that even if the bullet was hidden in the weapon somehow, how would that work for melee at all? We have a hidden Galatine? I would doubt that.

Anyway, I agree with your second point. Single, Duel and heavys need separation. Perhaps Singles with higher crit, Duels base damage, and heavys charge, I dunno, its just a thought.

As for the animations and charge spamming, I believe that is what the new charge animations are to resolve, so people don't get &!$$ed at having to constantly hold their Scindo up to their head for a second to hit someone properly.

Maybe i wasn't clear. Multishot is basically x1 damage applied in 2-3 seperate simultaneous instances. In terms of projectile weapons this is covered by an additional projectile. In terms of melee this could be attributed to a number of different mechanical/electrical design features, None of which are any more or less plausible than magical extra bullets.

Current firearm design is fairly simple mechanically, Not as simple as a bladed weapon i admit but it is still limited by engineering principles. Of course warframe  is set in the future, and a game and so these principles need not apply, in which case, why must they to melee weapons.

Perhaps i haven't made things clearer :P

To the post about it being a corrupted mod, that's fine but it won''t address melee issues by making a different factor worse. I also feel the pros/cons should be limited to the function of the weapon it is on, not to something unrelated like the frame.

From the title "Double Edged" I would expect a Corrupted mod.

You know, a mod that gives an immense boost to one stat at the cost of another stat.

Double Edged

-X% increase in melee (or charge) damage.

-Y% decrease in shields (or health).

So primaries and secondaries can have multishot but melee can have only Corrupted version of it?