Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation, A joy with an adbrupt end.

Spark_Daddy

Hello, DE. On record I want to state that by far my favorite part of the game is the Conservation in open worlds. And I realize that makes me a minority. However, I do feel there could be more done to it to have it be more rewarding for those who enjoy farming floofs, or just find it an enjoyable experience. 

So, off the bat, Conservation has a lot of potential, and I think these additions could help it become more rewarding. 

New Faction: The Breakers 

Spoiler

The breakers would amount to a Anti-Poaching Unit of armed personnel who provide high risk contracts. They would be based in Maroos, and handle coordination and trade of tags, exotic goods, and high paying missions. 

Style wise, they'd be a mixed bag group of volunteers from various other factions, including defectors. Their armor style would be a mix of lightweight to medium kit, in green, tan, and black camo. 

They could be unlocked by completing a questline. 

Suggestion on that-  Downpour- A primary mission for The Breakers, in which the tenno must unlock all 4 Conservation Tabs. After doing so they are contacted with a mail offering an initiation mission in which the tenno must track down a poacher group and capture all of them for interrorgation. After doing this, the player is tasked with tracking and capturing a legendary animal with a perfect capture (a new species?).

I could write up an entire lore bit here, but I'll save you reading time and only do that if there's an actual intrest in this.

Missions: 

Spoiler

*The following is more intended for enemies to be higher level with specialized gear. Ranging from deployable beacons to call reinforcements, active denial systems, traps, AA, and means to trap a Warframe or just outright shut down their abilities. 

The following is also just examples, and is mainly biased on what I'd think would be interesting.

(Weekly) Ardent Rage- The Tenno must go to one of the open worlds to neutralize an enemy and release a set number of captive animals being held in a series of cargo shuttles. A 5 stage mission that is on a timer. There's also be at least 1 very rare species to release, up to 3.
Rewards-
20 tags per released animal of that animal type + 3 special tags for any released very rare species.
Chance at a new weapon part (Modular Tranq) that can be modded and used to even put enemies to sleep.
Chance for getting a large bundle of rare resources related to fishing/mining/hunting from any Open World

(Weekly) Esoteric Hope- The tenno is tasked with gathering the tags of various specified animals from any of the open worlds within a specific timeframe.
Rewards-
10 Tags = 1 Special Tag depending on where the initial 10 where gathered from.
A Hope Crate containing various rare materials that are dropped from enemies (IE: 1000 Oxium)
Chance for a 

(Daily) Crimson Moon- The tenno is tasked with going to each open world in a 3 stage mission in each to eleminate enemy forces, capture an extrodinairly rare animal, and finally defend a team of Breakers as they perform the recovery on the animal to take it to a safe place.
Rewards-
1 Special Tag for each of the three captured animals.
1000 Endo
Chance at a mod for the Tranq Rifle.

(Daily) Silent Lilly- The tenno must go to to one of the open worlds and deliver a "Payload" to an enemy camp, recover navigation data, and track down a VIP without being detected.
Rewards-
3 special tags for each of the three new animals
A chance at a Modular Tranq part.
A chance at a Modular Tranq mod. 

Modular Tranq and Special Tags

Spoiler

Modular Tranq: Much like kitguns, this tranq is modular, and can be upgraded with mods.
1: It could have a seried of applications, including being able to put enemies to sleep with a well placed shot.
2: It could be made into a pistol form or a rifle form. It could be standard projectile focused or fire an bulb of electrical discharge.
3: Maybe it could also be modified to allow it to shoot harpoons for fishing.

Special Tags: These would be tags dedicated to recovering one of potentially 3 new species that are very rare and very prized.
1: Could be used to unlock new floofs dedicated to these new animals.
2: Could be used to buy resource packs "Hope Crates"
3: Could be used to buy Mods/Modular Parts for a new Tranq Rifle.

Animals

Spoiler

Idea: Three new animals that are super rare, and highly coveted by poachers. One per Open World zone (I'd love ot see more, but I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible to hopefully spark ideas in others.) with 3 variants for each of them. Idealy, taking down any of these should require a lot of planning, tracking, and careful aim to take down for capture.

1: Elyssian Gull, a large bird-like animal that soars the skies of Plains Of Eidolon, the apex predator of the skies. Their bones have a compound that aids in Grineer genetic modifications. (A cross between an Albatross and Pyradactyl) 

2: Vallis Tuvantis, a massive horned animals with heavily armored skin. Herbavors, with no natural predators. The Corpus hunt them i nthe Orb Vallis, and cut off their horns to be sold as decorum for the rich and super powerful. (A Cross between a Wooly Mammoth and Rhino)

3: Regalith Mortificer, a large ape like infested animal that can be found in the Cambian Drift. Large enough to be as tall as a Necramech, and is hunted by both the Corpus and Grineer to be used for both scientific study, and for deployment into civil zones as a shock tactic.

New Dojo Room:

Spoiler

Dojo Room- Large Habitat Wing: This could be a large area (Maybe double the as the Custom Simulator Room?) that allows players to choose a specific habitat theme (PoE, Vallis, or Cambian Drift) and then populate it with animals and plants from those areas that they have gathered, being able to build their own conservation area. 

This room could also offer research for a baseline Modular Tranq Rifle, Sleep Grenades, and Pheramones for any animals, etc.

And that's it. All in all, I kept this short due to not wanting to overstep my bounds. But I feel this is an okay foundation on what could be expanded on. A lot of content in the game often comes to an adbrupt end, and I think something like this, that allows for being able to earn resources (especially Oxium in a daily), get new cosmetics, have an upgradable Tranq Rifle, etc would make Conservation gameplay more rewarding.

And yes, for those who may have guessed it. The three animals relate to specific real world animals that are poached. You've prolly even guessed what the 3 proposed animals represent RL wise. The reason for that is because I'm a supporter of APUs, and feel this could also be a great way to spread the word on how conservation is important.

With love, Spark_Daddy

NO

Just kidding, this post is amazing, I love it!

While there's a couple typos here and there besides it seems you forgot to fill the "Chance for a..." on Esoteric Hope, and a lot of spacing for some reason at the end of the spoilers(?), I fully get the idea, and it could be really, really interesting for someone like me, who enjoys doing a bit of everything and could use some new entertainment besides walking around open worlds instead of using Elytras for a relaxing walk (only when I am solo though). Would also help a bit the worldbuilding of open worlds instead of just "Ah yeah lmao we got sum animals here and there that apparently we rescue in spite of never coming out of our citadels on our own..."

However, I must differ on certain aspects:

-We already have people specialized on animal conservation on each open world so it's unnecessary to add an entire faction to monitor these suggested operations...

If so, adding special contracts to these keepers to make animal preservation more interesting that just walking outside with some bait that you need to buy with rep (Still like better crafting bait, spending rep for it is uuuugh...) would be a better and simpler option.

-A modular tranq rifle that puts people to sleep seems like an oversimplified version of a mod set whose name I do not recall but puts people to sleep if you damage 3 enemies on a single aim glide. As for sleep bombs... welp, that would be weird, some stranger version of Ivara's Quiver that I trust could be used as an ability (R1 + X/Δ/O/⊠ on PS)... And then modding the rifle too or making it like a kitgun to either be a pistol or a primary? That is complicating things a bit too much (Who I am the one to say such a thing but well)

I propose you a small fix for this latter one too, instead, let the rifle barrel be swapped between some you can buy off each vendor, so you can adapt the rifle to the animal you desire to hunt for the best results, just like how we carry different spears for multiple types of fishes, we could carry a rifle with swap-able barrel.

-I want to create said room at the dojo and I want to pet everything, no matter cost or risk. No, really petting animals is everything I need if I am rescuing them, except Deimos ones, those are... strange. At least for the ones that hang off caves roofs over Cryptlex's puddles, Undazoas are fine for example.

In conclusion, really interesting concept, needs adjustments.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

NO

Just kidding, this post is amazing, I love it!

While there's a couple typos here and there besides it seems you forgot to fill the "Chance for a..." on Esoteric Hope, and a lot of spacing for some reason at the end of the spoilers(?), I fully get the idea, and it could be really, really interesting for someone like me, who enjoys doing a bit of everything and could use some new entertainment besides walking around open worlds instead of using Elytras for a relaxing walk (only when I am solo though). Would also help a bit the worldbuilding of open worlds instead of just "Ah yeah lmao we got sum animals here and there that apparently we rescue in spite of never coming out of our citadels on our own..."

However, I must differ on certain aspects:

-We already have people specialized on animal conservation on each open world so it's unnecessary to add an entire faction to monitor these suggested operations...

If so, adding special contracts to these keepers to make animal preservation more interesting that just walking outside with some bait that you need to buy with rep (Still like better crafting bait, spending rep for it is uuuugh...) would be a better and simpler option.

-A modular tranq rifle that puts people to sleep seems like an oversimplified version of a mod set whose name I do not recall but puts people to sleep if you damage 3 enemies on a single aim glide. As for sleep bombs... welp, that would be weird, some stranger version of Ivara's Quiver that I trust could be used as an ability (R1 + X/Δ/O/⊠ on PS)... And then modding the rifle too or making it like a kitgun to either be a pistol or a primary? That is complicating things a bit too much (Who I am the one to say such a thing but well)

I propose you a small fix for this latter one too, instead, let the rifle barrel be swapped between some you can buy off each vendor, so you can adapt the rifle to the animal you desire to hunt for the best results, just like how we carry different spears for multiple types of fishes, we could carry a rifle with swap-able barrel.

-I want to create said room at the dojo and I want to pet everything, no matter cost or risk. No, really petting animals is everything I need if I am rescuing them, except Deimos ones, those are... strange. At least for the ones that hang off caves roofs over Cryptlex's puddles, Undazoas are fine for example.

In conclusion, really interesting concept, needs adjustments.

Ay thanks for the feedback on that. I'm not sure on the typos. I'm honestly bad when it somes to wording stuff. I'm better with animals and mechanical stuff instead of writing lol.

So I'll go point by point.

On the faction thing: I felt it would be nice for a dedicated APU Faction to oversee dedicated conservation missions/bounties. Tho I will admit it's not needed at all. On the other point to that, im my mind I wouldn't want to jsut step outside with bait. I do that enough as is. I was thinking more intensive tracking alongside having to deal with enemy targets as well. The earned Special Tags would be how you buy stuff, not standing. 

Next on the modular tranq and sleep bombs. The Sleepers Grenades would just be a Gear Slot item, you select and throw. Like the pods you can toss out.  The Kitgun like Tranq gun being able to be modified to put even enemies to sleep, I can see that argument of "Why not use Ivara", well, frankly, I wanna use other frames too, not do I want to grind the Helmith system for Silence. Plus, there could be certain mission where enemies deployed something that makes warframe abilities not work at all and requires complete stealth. Norw sure you could use Hush on a rifle like Rubico, but what if you could tranq certain VIP enemies for capture for bonus rewards? 

However I do like the idea of swappable barrels. That'd be cool, and is already a system in the game with guns liek the Fulmin.

On the third issue: For a Habitat Wing for the dojo. Hey, I just think a place to have our own, large, shelter for animals with the ability to place plants and animals would be amazing, especially if we can pet them and interact in other ways like feeding them and such.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Conclusion;

You want to create unique missions outside of the standard farming and contracts in order to create a pettable floof haven, and I support it.

100% Yes. And I feel this isn't too big of a differential from the core game, it would still be WF, just with a newish way to tackle conservation with the possibilities. Plus DE could market this really well and expand on the idea to tie into Conservation as an event. Like how they do the Cancer Research Support, or this Movember Male Cancer Support stuff. It's great, I love it. And I feel they could open up to more possibilities that tie into real world stuff in a way that is both fun and meaningful :) 

Archived