Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Hard Damage Needs Some Tweaks

Hero1nZero

Some of melee weapons like dual zorens, ceramic dagger and probably some others can't destroy loot crates and boxes in one hit with normal attack, I think it should be changed, any melee weapon should be able to destroy crates with one hit because it's just looting mechanic and there is no point to make it harder for people who prefer fast attacking weapons.

Also I've noticed strange difference in damage of ground smash, for example I can destroy fan in one ground smash with my furaxes or zorens but can't with my gram, even if there is should be difference then gram should do bigger damage imho...

Crates have a life bars too =) And as it was said above (^), as you level up your weapon, you will be able oneshot fans and crates. It is kind of creating the progress, when you will one shot the crates, you will know your damage has increased and your skills improved ;)

It makes sense, but then it should be applied to all melee weapons, because right now only few suffers from it.

With low lvl ceramic dagger I need to hit crate like 4 or 5 times to destroy it, while with low lvl double heat swords I need to hit it only one time, but why? With dual swords you do your first hit with dagger too, so it makes no sense.

And I still can't destroy fan in one ground smash with my 30 lvl gram while able to do this with my lvl 0 furax... Some tweaks definitely needed.

Edited by Hero1nZero

I've gotten in some nasty situations with armored grineer and my melee weapon does next to nothing. I acknowledge that I just recently started and that they can get better overtime but I was playing solo for kicks and was out of ammo. For begginners they should definitely make it more versatile

Fans and containers are probably armoured targets. Bladed melee weapons, such as the Gram, do reduced damage to armoured targets.

But then ceramic dagger should do to them more damage than heat swords...which is not true.

/points and laughs at people who struggle with loot barrels

Equip dagger or low level zorens and try to loot some containers. With 0 level dagger you need to hit container one time with charged attack and two times with normal in order to destroy, I already used to shoot them instead of slashing.

Edited by Hero1nZero

Equip dagger or low level zorens and try to loot some containers. With 0 level dagger you need to hit container one time with charged attack and two times with normal in order to destroy, I already used to shoot them instead of slashing.

Level 0 daggers = who cares. They still having trouble at 30? If so, lower the HP/armor of the objects, not buff the weapons. They are balanced for killing enemies, not loot barrels.

Level 0 daggers = who cares. They still having trouble at 30? If so, lower the HP/armor of the objects, not buff the weapons. They are balanced for killing enemies, not loot barrels.

I think it's not just hp of barrels, it's different type of damage applied to them, seems like every weapon have attirbutes of 'soft' damage (npc) and 'hard' damage (crates and fans) for every type of attack.

I think it's not just hp of barrels, it's different type of damage applied to them, seems like every weapon have attirbutes of 'soft' damage (npc) and 'hard' damage (crates and fans) for every type of attack.

Hence I said hp/armor. Anyway, charge attack and your sorted out. BTW a Fragor has the same issue if you do not up the melee damage. Plz find something actualy worth complaining about. One shotting barrels is hardly a high priority.

Hence I said hp/armor. Anyway, charge attack and your sorted out. BTW a Fragor has the same issue if you do not up the melee damage. Plz find something actualy worth complaining about. One shotting barrels is hardly a high priority.

Why not? Looting is big part of gameplay in Warframe, you always need more materials to craft new frames/weapons and when it's takes twice as much time to destroy every crate it's just annoying.

Well, even with like +150% summary melee damage mods on my frame and like +70% melee damage mods and all melee damage nodes unlocked on my ceramic dagger I still can't onehit crates with this thing, something is wrong here!

I can kill low-to-mid level grineers with one normal attack but can't destroy crates...

And I still do ridiculously low damage to fans with jump attack, like 25% of their health...

Edited by Hero1nZero

I can't believe people are trying to get melee buffed on the basis that they can't one-shot a barrel. As already stated, weapons are balanced against enemies, not inanimate storage containers. Barrel too tough for you? Nerf the barrel.

I can't believe people are trying to get melee buffed on the basis that they can't one-shot a barrel. As already stated, weapons are balanced against enemies, not inanimate storage containers. Barrel too tough for you? Nerf the barrel.

I am not asking for buffing melee, I am asking for tweaking damage to crates and fans for some melee weapons.