Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem Choosing Melee Weapon

AcewingX

Question

I just finished getting Ash and believed it would help me in terms of higher base melee attack and supposedly swing speed, however, I feel as if I just recently learned that I've gone about this idea the wrong, wrong way, and right now I'm completely lost as to how to rectify my situation. Details below -

So I went through the wiki and most threads concerning melee weapons, but I still haven't really found my "niche" yet. In-game; I've gone through Skana > Cronus > DHS > Gram.

I've recently learned that the Gram isn't going to work either. I even used a catalyst on it, but found out just yesterday that it won't be achieving the goal I wished for.

At the beginning of the game; I didn't really care all too much, since I knew I'd be swapping out skana and would be experimenting. That time came when I crafted the Cronus, and I finally thought about focusing on a specialty when it came to the DHS's: charge damage + charge speed. I eventually migrated to Gram after getting some in-game opinions and that went splendidly for a long while; as I even went as far as used a catalyst on it. However, after being told just a day ago that melee mods do absolutely nothing for charge damage, well, that basically means I've hit a brick wall in how much damage output I could get out of that department.

I learned that even at 200% charge damage; I'd still need 3-4 heavy swings for Ancients in Eris, BUT, I wanted to eventually cut that down to two swings or less. I also wanted charge speed so I could easily dispatch foes within seconds and move on to the next target. But since melee mods do not affect charge damage; that means Ash's innate specialty in the melee department can't be capitalized on with my current setup. I also found some more epiphanies as I was looking for answers to figure out what melee weapon I'd feel most comfortable with, such as;

1. Ash's maxed smoke-screen lasts only 7-8 seconds

2. He's really not meant to take very long in dispatching single targets as his armor is rather low

3. After reading honest's guide on warframe builds and seeing the Ash video in action, I feel like I've been doing things &#!-backwards.

So coming to those realizations completely throws a wrench in what I wanted to go for, as even with 120% charge speed mods, it would still be much more efficient to just go the fire rate route and stack melee mods.

I would really, REALLY, appreciate some feed-back as to what may work for me; as I am now looking for a weapon that has lots of POWER (crit's are redundant if I'm going to spam smoke-screen), and can be tweaked with enough fire rate mods that it just shreds people like a high powered lawn mower.

TL:DR - I'm an Ash that wants a melee weapon that acts as a blender on all factions + mod advice (criticals are negligeable).

Edited by AcewingX

That is exactly why I really don't feel like using them. Yes, I would like something very effective, but those things are just overly effective. As I've stated before: there are other melee type weapons out there; zorens should not be the only go-to, and whether I get flak for this or not: I really do hope those dual mini-axes get a bit of an alteration later on, or that other weapons can get a buff; so people will have a reason to pick other viable choices.

its not about dual zorens. its just the mods.

http://youtu.be/CeVggSBmpWk

on warframe:

+148.1% shield recharge

+496 shield capacity

+149.3 health

+24.8% sprint speed

+293.1% melee damage

on dual heat swords:

+59.2% critical chance

+139.1% critical damage

+14.8% electricity damage

+14.8% armour piercing damage

thats what i got in the video. put that in any kind of melee, you got a melee weapon that does the killing effectively. with base damage 30, im crit-ing 700+ and red crit-ing 1k. imagine the same setup on heat sword with its speed. or fragor with its ignore armour and base damage 50.

i didnt get to show the charged damage, but i do 800+ on ancients. without ANY + charge damage mods. sliding attack does one hit on grineer heavies.

and as a side note, i didnt not use any powers in the video. proves to show that ANY class can go melee.

in the end, it all goes to down to the basic questions. do you even like to melee? and if you do, fast, slow and/or multi-hit? normal attacks or charged attacks?