Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4:3 Waverider quest framing issue and suggestion for aspect ratio FOV scaling

Luig0

I usually hold off from talking about this as it is rare to have a 4:3 monitor, I'm using an old mitsubishi CRT, but the game officially supports 4:3 and arbitrary aspect ratio support is a good thing to have. Basically, in the Waverider quest, there is a terrible framing issue in 4:3:

unknown.png

This is most certainly supposed to show the entire comic, but it just gets cut off. However, there is a very easy fix, and I've seen many UE4 games use this approach, and it should be easy to implement.

Essentially, if the aspect ratio is taller than 16:9, change the game's FOV scaling algorithm to VERT, instead of HOR as is currently used. Instead of cutting off the sides, add the the top and bottom. This will ensure that anything framed for 16:9 will still at least show up and not get cut off in a frame that is taller, and would keep too many issues from cropping up if something is meant to be seen. This would help 16:10 monitors, 3:2 tablets, and so on as I know this game is getting a mobile port soon, and some people may play it on tablets with those sorts of ratios.

Archived