Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obex Review

mhyr1104

I just managed to build the Obex and tried it out., and I must say, what's up with those animations? It's not like I'm saying that the animations are bad, but it just got me wondering, what does the 'glow brighter' thing after jump attacks do? What do all those energy bursts help with?

So I just came up with a random idea, why not make the energy bursts you get from attacks, deal a very small AOE damage, since from what I've seen, the only parts which can actually damage opponents is the part where they collide with the mob, and the whole 'burst' does nothing but look pretty. Maybe after the jump attacks, the 'burst' radius can become larger and hit more units.

It's just an idea, and I wanted some feedback on this

definitely agree that the mini shields should be doing some area damage, or something. also, I had this thought as another player was running around with his green obex, and I with my red, that it would be awesome if there were a combo attack that occurred when two players with obex (for lack of better description) pounded it (or fist bump, I suppose. but that's not a thing, it's called a pound). an explosion of energy would be pretty cool.

but this would require allies to be tangible entities (can't pass through other players, which would have its downsides) with hitboxes targetable by other players. it might be feasable to code, but it seems like it would come with its fair share of problems (like getting out of the vent in that hallway in the corpus ship while your grineer allies just stand there. or corpus allies, if you sided with them during the event, I don't want to discriminate. the heavies just would not move, but you can eventually slip by). then again, molt and decoy create entities you can't pass through. but still, trolki's would be able to block doorways like that using their decoys and themselves. still, the combo attack could be pretty cool, two forcefields colliding, radiating an aura of energy or something. it could be good.

also I think the bursts need to be tweaked, there still seems to be a bluish tint to them when you just use the normal attack. I also don't like that the slide attack doesn't speed you up. its throwing me off

this would be awesome! AOE dmg for maleee and not those restricted "can hit up to xx targets"....

If I swing with a big sworg I'll hit anything in it's path and not just x enemies...

Since the Obex uses "Shields" to dmg enemies it would be awesome if it would do a small aoe!!!