Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strike of Brilliance (Insane Idea for EVENT CONTENT)

ZechsPrime

This idea will solve some of the very few issues that Warframe currently struggles with in the means of content. When I started playing Warframe I thought the "Events" like End Game and New War was something that we could all participate in, I wasnt aware these were more single player cutscenes. 

I have seen that a popular complaint is that veteran players feel like once they have fully leveled and modded and equipped and collected everything they want. They ask one question. "What now?"  

Well I believe this can be solved with very rewarding yet simple content updates that places emphasis on the psychology of players and the reason behind why we farm to turn our Frames into the Ultimate Killers in this universe.  This idea draws inspiration from both Yu Yu Hakusho and Ronin Warriors. Two legendary animes. BUT before I go into the idea I would like to explain why this idea would be enticing for players.

Fashion , min-maxing, collecting these are all things we do to reach a pinnacle, but once you reach a pinnacle , when you look around you and theres no one cheering theres nobody challenging you, this can leave an empty feeling. "Why did I accomplish all this?"

Ultimately when we put work in to become the best at something we need 4 things. 1; An audience, 2; Something to show off our abilities and our attributes on. 3; A rare and unique reward for conquering. 4; another challenging trial. 

Imagine now cyclical events with unique bosses. Lets call them "Daimyos" that would over-take a region on the star chart. When you accept the event quest a certain planet is completely taken over by this Daimyo's unique forces. They are much much stronger and in order to return these nodes back to the original missions u must complete them against these new enemies until you reach the new Relay that has appeared controlled by the Daimyo. Once you enter the relay you will navigate your way to the Daimyo's quarters or war room. But before you can make your way there there will be 4 bosses loyal to the Daimyo. These bosses will be only able to be fought by ONE MEMBER  of your squad at a time while the other members watch. These bosses all have different elements and weaknesses that you must mod for.  Once you defeat them you navigate to the Daimyo's arena where it is a 4v1. Once the Daimyo is defeated he will drop unique new rewards and MOST IMPORTANTLY an equippable jewel or appearance item that attaches to your warframe ( something like Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet") That not only shows everyone you come across that you have conquered the Elite trial but it also has an effect or ability that will help you stand against the NEXT Daimyo event. 

This will solve the issue of WHAT TO DO with your fully leveled and equipped Frame and efficient min-maxed build. This also give newer or less motivated players a reason to farm mods and build. 

The 1 on 1 duel in the Daimyo's relay along with the EQUIPPABLE ORNAMENT-GADGET that the Daimyo drops will give players the opportunity to show off their skills and builds in front of their clan members or friends while also having a fashion item that shows off their accomplishment. While serving practical purposes for future events.

The advent of more new challenging Daimyo Trials with their unique strengths and weaknesses, rare rewards and the defeated Daimyo Ornament-gadget will encourage Veterans to continue to build and farm while giving newer members something to strive for while encouraging multiplayer play. (which is the most retentive part of games)

soooo... its liches. but like... liches that have 4 more liches under their command. 

i find this idea very meh, but thats largely because A: we absolutely do not need yet another way to become even stronger and B: because of how strong we actually are, combat difficulty is completely irrelevant. people have been doing level 9999 steel path void survival. do you REALLY think that they'll have any issue defeating some kind of uber-lich?

anything that relies on "haha, even stronger enemies!" is inherently flawed because there will always be a method to just... delete them from existence. the players are incredibly overpowered (duh, its a power fantasy game) so even if you present them with an enemy that's supposed to be a challenge, they'll figure out a way to easily trivialize it. 

also. dont put entire paragraphs in bold text, that just makes your post a headache to read. 

6 minutes ago, ZechsPrime said:

No, the point is to be squad focused, and Fashion focused with recurring content that translates from prior accomplishments. The stronger troops aren't really the point. 

but... the entirity of warframe is squad focussed? you can even do your lich with homies. 

Matter of fact, Ill spend more time to answer this because I think you missed the point. 

Maybe you skipped the first couple of paragraphs or I did a poor job of explaining.

The point is to introduce 1; An audience, 2; Something to show off our abilities and our attributes on. 3; A rare and unique reward for conquering. 4; another challenging trial. 

The reward is not the items its a psychological and social reward.

1-2. So the point of the 4 bosses is for a 1 on 1 duel to create an audience while showcasing your skills. (In CSGO when your teammates die they become your audience. which creates a thrill. They are watching while you clutch up or there to tell you nice try when you fail. Either way their success depends on you. This is the experience the 4 bosses are meant to implement)

3. The rewards are just necessary. 

4. The Ornament Gadget is for Fashion (showing off). While also preluding the next challenge and while giving the player a unique and exceptional puzzle piece for the overall cycle of events. Keyword CYCLE. None of these things are a foundation of the Lich quests. But I appreciate your criticism its sincerely welcome.

Archived