Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player experience - quests promoted that aren't playable, and other progression feedback

pook-pook

As a PC Legendary 1, I've just started a brand new account to play on Switch with a friend.

Several of the early quests are promoted by the New Player help prompts, but they're actually MR locked. For example, The Deadlock Protocol (MR 5) was promoted to me as something to do from around MR 3. Similarly, Heart of Deimos was promoted before I had access to Deimos.

Apart from those bugs, I feel like the game is throwing *too much* at the new player from the get-go, which distracts from what should be a primary goal: opening up the star chart to get access to resources (like orokin cells so they can build forma!) and basic progression including junction rewards and non-flawed mods. Instead an MR2/3 player is bombarded with three open worlds (one not even accessible) and quests that should not be attempted until they're much more advanced.

(This is aside from Orb Vallis being accessible from very early on, and promoted through the Yareli quest, yet being insanely deadly to newbies - sudden unexpected death is not fun. Just unlocking Vox Solaris was an ordeal that we barely scraped through.)

2 hours ago, pook-pook said:

I feel like the game is throwing *too much* at the new player from the get-go

I know what you mean. There's content available that shouldn't be readily available for, or pushed to, new players... The good sign is, players can complete The New War as soon as MR3 so...

... I don't know, I still feel like DE shouldn't have caved for "I need new content without completing The New War because its new." kind of stuff that came out of many MR0 players that aren't playing anymore, and they should've kept requirements as they were since those quests and that content was released...

... There was this thing called "proper structure" that existed before and now it practically doesn't exist to cater MR0 moaners that started moaning about it and left Warframe for good because a hotfix with all their demands wasn't released before they started moaning about it (as if it was a hostage situation, see what I mean?) and some other stuff that's no longer important like Syndicate access that requires Operators and stuff, central hubs in planets that were locked and structured in a clear storyline which requires The New War for Cetus and Fortuna requiring Cetus and stuff...

... If only they brought that "proper structure" back... But hey, once again the laws of the Universe are aligned because people are only giving value to things such as these after losing them, despite my warning of these consequences...

Yep, anyone who pipes up with "but I'm been playing for years and I'm MR0 and I have meme builds" is deliberately breaking the game design and should be ignored :) They have *no reason* not to rank up *except* that they're being "clever".

Sure, you can choose to never rank up, but that means *more* parts of the game are inaccessible to you (in addition to the quests and items that are *already* inaccessible to an MR0).

Anyway, I hope that the above doesn't distract from the basic point which is that there's already content with MR (or locked location) restriction which is being promoted to a player who doesn't meet the restriction.

@pook-pook

But that doesn't happen. Besides, I didn't mention those that choose to stay at MR0 (which are none, btw, due to all the logistical reasons that have been present since... U7 and the latest ones applied since U17 onwards), you did...

I was actually referring to the new players that make the accounts, drop 2 or 3 smelly presents, which are the same kind of those that ruined the "proper structure" thing and then leave permanently for... whatever reason they decided to dump behind them... Those are the ones I'm referring to...

... But you know how it is... If it has potential to increase the profit margin without skewering the fashion income then "lets do it"... And then NPE gets bombarded with stuff that isn't supposed to, and its stuff presented to new players out of the proper storyline order, out of the proper development path, which makes it even more serious...

... And this is why you are here. I didn't say I disagree, I said that I know that you mean and I agree that NPE (a.k.a. Tenno Guide) needs adjustment...

Archived