Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Is Better?

Trensal

Question

17 answers to this question

What's the Despair?

It's one of the Stalker's weapons. I have it, but I don't know how it would compare to the kunai. To me it just seems like a stronger kunai. 

Edit: looking at the wiki, they're significantly different.

Edit 2: Or is it? I'm bad at this :(

Edited by Isciira

Well I don't have the platinum to buy the Stalker stuff and so the Kunai and the Hikou so which?

Well, you did say that you like Speed more. So I would go with the Hikou. 

Edit: You can get stalker weapons from killing him. So if you ever get the chance to craft Despair, it might be worthwhile. 

Edited by Isciira

Oh but the Stalker keeps killing me all the time do you have a good method of killing him?

When I wasn't playing with others and I couldn't kill him, I just ran till I was near extraction. Then I just let the Infested/Corpus/Grineer take care of him. 

What if I put mods on the Kunai that would make it's speed more fast?

Yep. It's up to you. They're both viable weapons mid-game.

Edited by Isciira

It's one of the Stalker's weapons. I have it, but I don't know how it would compare to the kunai. To me it just seems like a stronger kunai. 

Edit: looking at the wiki, they're significantly different.

Edit 2: Or is it? I'm bad at this :(

The despair has the highest damage output at a base damage of 55 of all throwing knifes. Followed by kunai with 45 but kunai has stun whilst despair doesnt making it an effective PvP weapon.

If I remember correctly hikou has very slightly better DPS than kunay but consumes twice the ammo so I'd go with kunai. The only difference is the damage tipe that works better against light infested, but those guys are so weak anyway. What everyone here means by 'faster' is basically just the throwing animation and imo it's too fast to look good on the hikou.

The despair is better than both though and the lack of stagger makes it easier to hit things consistently.

Edited by CubedOobleck

The infested/corpus/grineer fight the Stalker? I never knew that.

As long as it's not an Exterminate mission, Stalker will start fighting every other NPC around him. He usually takes down Grineer and Corpus like they're nothing, but since he doesn't know how to dodge, Infested as low as level 20-some should make short work of him within a minute or so. As long as there's a decently large group of them, that is.

If you see the lights flickering, stop killing stuff and find the largest group of enemies possible. Find a crate or something to stand on, and then watch as the Stalker gets slaughtered by the other enemies as he struggles to figure out the mysteries of the z-axis. If he starts fighting back against the enemies, shoot him a bit to draw his attention and then go back to letting the other guys take care of him. (As long as you're on a crate. If you're out in the open, drawing his attention is a big no-no until later game when you can start tanking his hits.)

As for weapon choice, Hikou is faster and deals higher DPS than Kunai, and can set up "curtains" of projectiles that can instantly place elemental effects on everything around you with a quick turn of the camera. It's at the cost of horrendous ammo efficiency, though.

Despair deals better damage per hit and DPS than both Hikou and Kunai, with the same ammo efficiency as Kunai. It also doesn't stagger enemies, so you never have to worry about enemies stumbling out of the next projectile's way. Other than the lack of "curtain" ability, it's pretty much a direct upgrade to both Hikou and Kunai. Get them if you can.

Edited by SortaRandom