Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Vortex Infested Issues

Merpmaster

So here I am making my way on Phalan as Vauban, alone because it seems no europeans are playing warframe. I made it to 14 minutes and was running toward the exit with about 15 meters left. I throw a vortex and try to snag some exp before leaving the mission for my sweet rewards. A poltergheist suddenly shoves me twice into a f-ing toxic ancient and *DED*. Mission failure. No rewards, my arm is full of bitemarks.

This problem has been occuring for as long as I can remember playing Vauban, where you throw a vortex, it sucks in some toxic ancients and runners. When they die, visually, the explosion/posion cloud appears in the center of the vortex, but it's effects are sometimes placed at the point where they became ragdolls to be drawn into the vortex, although invisible. So I get; either downed by an invisible poison cloud or thrown around like a glove by the extremely annoying runner explosion.

Fix dis pretty please! :C  I want to play a safe vauban, put the explosions/posion in the center of the vortex and I'll be häppy :)

Live long and prosper.

- Merp

in the defense of some vauban players, the vortex doesn't always go exactly where you want it to.

i'd be willing to bet that some of those "not smart" players had absolutely no intention of dropping the vortex close enough to the cryopod to allow toxic ancients to be close enough to damage it.

Edited by xethier

Fine thing is also when somebody runs into your vortex or bastille projectile, triggering it where it hits him. I have also expierienced the effect of the skill starting 1-3 meters away from where it actully landed.

Its a vortex that sucks in 3 meter big enemies goddammit, and it cant even clear the air of some toxic mist... Would be nice if it would just interrupt napalm and toxic effects in its range, as ii should suck in the acid and napalm and then extinguish it.

vortex + toxics is a bit like the situation with napalms - there is no graphical effect nearby yet you are poisoned/on fire. it also seems to me that the actual poison effect lingers much longer than the graphical effect when in vortex.

Edited by SlyBoots

I've run into something similar, and I was told it was this bug.

I used Vortex several times around the cryopod in Xini, and then out of nowhere, I was down and dead within a second. A teammate was downed, so I used a revive to go help him up, and I was almost instantly killed again. This happened about 4-5 times before I was told to move away from the general area because there was an invisible poison cloud. Oddly enough, none of my revives were consumed, and we went on to finish the mission.

However, I'm still not convinced a poison cloud could kill me as fast as it did. I died in less than a second each time I revived myself, and there weren't any indicators that I was poisoned. I don't think I even went into a downed state before I died.

Edited by Skyclad

We are consistently dying over and over when Vortex is out. There is no bleed out, just an instant death, which occurs during full shields and health. I cannot find anywhere on the forums that people are having this issue. This was an infested survival mission.... these instant deaths have happened during Corpus and Grineer missions as well without the vortex active also.

On a side note; For the first time today during bleed out, it sucked me in and killed my warframe. I was playing my Frost Prime and a friend was on his Vauban. I laughed at this one since it has never happened before.

If you have tons of lag, as the host is lagging, like in survival, and a vauban is running in place and throws a vortex, it will be tossed where he was on your screen, which really messes up the game badly. realistically, the vauban used the bastille half the map away, and is sucking in enemies. but on your screen, it is sucking up enemies that are moving in place and bugging, and often times it will throw toxic ancients at you, or his bastille will suck you in (they claimed they fixed it, but they merely only severely limited it, it will suck players in on activation slightly, and you can't slide fast near it, and lag makes the effect last longer)