The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek, The Dethroned King.

Cwierz

Just a question, if the Hek has a low mastery requirement why should it compare to weapons of a higher tier?

Because it isn't low; it is an intermediate weapon. Which requires relatively rare materials to craft.

Edit: In fact, as far as craftable Shotguns go it is top tier. Top. Tier. It should be good.

But alas, I fear they will just pull a Soma on us once more: Release the Tenno Double-Barrel Shotgun which will do everything the Hek should've been able to, and then ignore the Hek (just like they did with the Gorgon post-Soma release)....

Edited by Brimir

Because it isn't low; it is an intermediate weapon. Which requires relatively rare materials to craft.

Edit: In fact, as far as craftable Shotguns go it is top tier. Top. Tier. It should be good.

But alas, I fear they will just pull a Soma on us once more: Release the Tenno Double-Barrel Shotgun which will do everything the Hek should've been able to, and then ignore the Hek (just like they did with the Gorgon post-Soma release)....

Well, Tenno weapons are suppose to be good (according to what I have seen stated time and time again). I hope it is better than the Hek.

Being top tier among the craftables... are you saying it is better than them or it costs more?

It is top tier for one simple reason:

There are just two tiers of Shotguns (craftable that is). In reality even the high tier Shotguns are low-to-mid tier in the grand scheme of things.

Low tier: Strun and Boar. Strun is the entry-level Shotgun, available for Credits. Boar is the first craftable Shotgun and the only one not limited by Mastery Rank, thus placing it in the low tier together with Strun.

High tier: Sobek and Hek. Requires a certain Mastery Rank to craft either one and they are clearly more powerful than the lower tier Shotguns.

And then... that's it. Strun Wraith leaves all of them in the dust, definitely putting itself in an exclusive tier of Shotguns and definitely in the top-tier of weapons as a whole.

It is top tier for one simple reason:

There are just two tiers of Shotguns (craftable that is). In reality even the high tier Shotguns are low-to-mid tier in the grand scheme of things.

Low tier: Strun and Boar. Strun is the entry-level Shotgun, available for Credits. Boar is the first craftable Shotgun and the only one not limited by Mastery Rank, thus placing it in the low tier together with Strun.

High tier: Sobek and Hek. Requires a certain Mastery Rank to craft either one and they are clearly more powerful than the lower tier Shotguns.

And then... that's it. Strun Wraith leaves all of them in the dust, definitely putting itself in an exclusive tier of Shotguns and definitely in the top-tier of weapons as a whole.

Is the Hek on a similar tier (damage and usability wise) as the Sobek or is it low-end there? I ask because I honestly haven't touched my Hek since the initial nerf. I haven't deleted it since I was hopeful that shotguns would all see a nice buff.

3. I hate the sobek, it is too spray and pray and it lacks some range usability, my hek can one shot light units up till the very last waves, and cant down anything else in a full clip.

you should see my Sobek. it defies all misinformed presumptions about Sobek. 

let's clear this up a tiny bit. Damage & Resistance 2.0 is confirmed™ for U11. 

Is the Hek on a similar tier (damage and usability wise) as the Sobek or is it low-end there?

in Mastery cost and construction cost, Sobek and Hek are pretty close.... same Mastery cost, resources are very similar. 

in performance, well it depends on what level enemies you're at. Sobek wipes the floor of any Shotgun, at low levels, and at very high levels.

Hek wins out in between, because of it's higher damage. but eventually that doesn't matter anymore when the levels really crank.

Sobek can also be calculated for 100% Headshots, the top notch accuracy and damage per pellet makes it the premier sniping shotgun. 

Hek isn't terrible or anything... but Sobek is just better, IMO.

somewhere a long time ago, i made huge mathematical posts complaining about Sobek being buffed to 100dmg. Sobek is my favorite shotgun, by far. it looks damn cool. but i knew that it was just OP as hell now at 100dmg. 40 was horrible, 60 was still meh, 75 or 80 would have been ideal. 100? it classed it as the best shotgun in the game, my tenfold checked math proved that. Sobek deals ~65% of the power per shot of Hek. coupled with all of it's other advantages, it's simply... better.

Hek theoretically has more damage per shot, but Sobek can easily compete against the same target, from more than twice the distance from it. 

Edited by taiiat

you should see my Sobek. it defies all misinformed presumptions about Sobek. 

let's clear this up a tiny bit. Damage & Resistance 2.0 is confirmed™ for U11. 

in Mastery cost and construction cost, Sobek and Hek are pretty close.... same Mastery cost, resources are very similar. 

in performance, well it depends on what level enemies you're at. Sobek wipes the floor of any Shotgun, at low levels, and at very high levels.

Hek wins out in between, because of it's higher damage. but eventually that doesn't matter anymore when the levels really crank.

Sobek can also be calculated for 100% Headshots, the top notch accuracy and damage per pellet makes it the premier sniping shotgun. 

Hek isn't terrible or anything... but Sobek is just better, IMO.

somewhere a long time ago, i made huge mathematical posts complaining about Sobek being buffed to 100dmg. Sobek is my favorite shotgun, by far. it looks damn cool. but i knew that it was just OP as hell now at 100dmg. 40 was horrible, 60 was still meh, 75 or 80 would have been ideal. 100? it classed it as the best shotgun in the game, my tenfold checked math proved that. Sobek deals ~65% of the power per shot of Hek. coupled with all of it's other advantages, it's simply... better.

Hek theoretically has more damage per shot, but Sobek can easily compete against the same target, from more than twice the distance from it. 

Thanks.

Is the Hek on a similar tier (damage and usability wise) as the Sobek or is it low-end there? I ask because I honestly haven't touched my Hek since the initial nerf. I haven't deleted it since I was hopeful that shotguns would all see a nice buff.

The Hek is definitely very similar to the Sobek in per-shot damage. It differs like 20 or so base damage I believe. This is not worth only having four rounds per reload vs. twenty. Not by a longshot.

The advantage Hek has in reload speed is ironically nulified by the fact that you have to reload more often; with the Sobek you can easily clear an entire room with a single clip - never having to reload in combat. When you're running between rooms, reload speed becomes less of an issue. The Hek on the other hand will take longer to clear a room because of how much time is spent reloading.

The Hek does have an advantage in spread/falloff - but again this is far too tiny to warrant the disadvantage in ammo capacity/reloading.

Edited by Brimir

So, from what I see. A reload speed buff, a damage buff, and ~x meters of no damage falloff is what is looking like is being said.

That sounds good, now lets hope DE doesn't pull a soma. Please for gods sake don't pull a @(*()$ soma.

The Hek does have an advantage in spread/falloff - but again this is far too tiny to warrant the disadvantage in ammo capacity/reloading.

Spread and Falloff stats are actually identical. 

Sobek spearheads for better accuracy due to having very few pellets though. the pellets don't 'push each other' and increase the spread.

Hek with Hell's Chamber, has a surprising amount of spread for an 'accurate' shotgun.

Spread and Falloff stats are actually identical. 

Sobek spearheads for better accuracy due to having very few pellets though. the pellets don't 'push each other' and increase the spread.

Hek with Hell's Chamber, has a surprising amount of spread for an 'accurate' shotgun.

Really? Well there goes the last sliver of hope for the Hek, I guess.