The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Fixed] [English] Message from enemies during Sortie mission

Asilandir

Can't remember which enemy or Sortie this was, but I got this message: "I'll oblige- let my gavel ring justice off your thin tin skull."

Correction: A space should be added between "oblige" and the hyphen.

A comment on the hyphen usage in this game: You're using hyphenated sentences quite often, but seem to have changed the style a bit over the years. While in the older texts (from quests from a few years back) you're using a simple hyphen as a way of interrupting a sentence (sometimes with, sometimes without a space in front or after) as well as parenthesis-like – as I am in here – basically just mixing every possible interpretation of a dash into a hyphen, which I think sometimes hinders understanding the story correctly. In texts/quests from the last two or three years, you seem to have changed this practice, now using a double hyphen -- as a means of interrupting a sentence, but still not doing it consistently. While I see that this is not really a big issue for most players, I believe choosing a system – preferably one where different meanings of this punctuation are being expressed by using the different dashes that the English grammar has the advantage of having – and sticking to it would improve the game experience, at least for those who rely on subtitles. Thank you.

PFpYyii.jpg

Archived