Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Query On Rage Mod

JIRB

Question

So I've been playing WF for a couple of days now and stumbled upon this mod RAGE which says it converts lost HP to energy, which made me think I'd rather max this mod out rather than invest mod slots on FLOW and STREAMLINE, but I'm not sure since I haven't played enough to experience high level missions, I don't even have FLOW and STREAMLINE.

NOTE: Building a RHINO and I imagine being able to spam IRON SKIN without energy loss through RAGE conversion. Is this assumption viable?

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions, etc. are highly appreciated, more so if it came from people who have actually used all the MODS mentioned here.

Thanks much!

8 answers to this question

Rage is a very good mod to have, keep it for now, it is useless for a new player, as you should be focusing more on more important upgrades right now, but a maxed out Rage with a maxed out Quick Thinking mod can grant the user pseudo invincibility (you become much harder to kill, but not impossible, it does also have a high cost of 9 points for Rage, and 15 Points for Quick thinking, so hold off for now).

Edit: Also, Iron Skin doesn't give you energy back with Rage when you get damaged, not shields either, just health damage, and if you are at that point as a Rhino, you are most probably going to die. Investing in mods such as Redirection or Vitality will help you more for your survivability + Iron Skin.

Edited by N7Arthur

As stated, it's mostly wanted for a Rage+Quick Thinking near-invincible build.

Rage only converts damage directly to health, not iron skin or shields. Sure, it'd be useful if you're about to get completely slaughtered by a crap loud of enemies and are out of energy. However, Flow+Steamline+Fleeting Expertise makes that situation highly unlikely to begin with (and lets you spam your ultimate like it was nothing)

Great mod, but hold on until you've got quick thinking and have supercharged your rhino.

Rage + QT is quite useless on a rhino, wast eof mod slots.  Stack max shield instead, Iron Skin is your "Quick Thinking"  A good rhino should never even take health damage, making Qt + Rage combo useless.  Rage on it's own, and especially QT+ Rage shines on Warframes with an extremely high HP pool, notably Saryn and Ash who have the two highest HP's in the game.

A Nekros with QT + Rage, Vitality, and Equilibrium ais also quite fun/tanky.  As long as you keep killing things, you are quite invulnerable.

Edited by DragonDance

What I meant by spamming Iron Skin with Rage was that, I allow myself to get damaged by like 320HP before things get too heated up so I can convert 128 energy whenever I need it, just enough energy to cast iron skin or stomp (not sure how much energy iron skin requires). And since I wont be taking any damage with iron skin on, i can sit comfortably with 320 points off my HP. Still not sure how Rage operates in game though, is it like a passive skill that i can use repeatedly?

What I meant by spamming Iron Skin with Rage was that, I allow myself to get damaged by like 320HP before things get too heated up so I can convert 128 energy whenever I need it, just enough energy to cast iron skin or stomp (not sure how much energy iron skin requires). And since I wont be taking any damage with iron skin on, i can sit comfortably with 320 points off my HP. Still not sure how Rage operates in game though, is it like a passive* skill that i can use repeatedly?

*active