The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Captura Freezes & Freeze-Crashes Warframe (And PS4)

(PSN)xxav1xl6ivax

DON'T PANIC!

Yes, this is a bug.

BUT, it is not as critical as most "mission" bugs.

It only even qualifies as a "mission" bug, because under the most liberal of terms Captura is a "mission" type, (a specific environment that has to be loaded or accessed through a loading screen).

This bug is particular to Captura, (it is triggered by performing & alternating certain tasks within Captura, and using controls & features that are exclusive to Captura).

It is probably very rare, (most people who use captura, in the ways it is most commonly used, most of the time, will most likely not trigger this bug).

GENERAL TERMS:

What happens is, when the advanced features are opened, the game freezes and all controller signal is blocked.

Frequently (in about 50% of instances) the controller command response freeze-out INCLUDES the "Home" [PS] button.

When it does, it is impossible to exit and quit the Waframe app, (forcing a power button shut-down of the console).

When it does not, the only recourse is to quit the Warframe app, (exiting & re-entering WF using the "Home" [PS] button will not unfreeze WF, but can disable the button).

SPECIFIC TERMS: 

For this to happen, there are some very specific operations that have to be performed, and very specific settings that have to be worked under.

So when reading the GENERAL TERMS, remember, DON'T PANIC! This will most likely never happen to you.

It is only worth the while of even making a bug report because there is a likelihood that this is not the only combination of rare circumstances which can/will produce this result, it is merely one that I had encountered previously, and having run into it again, I could reproduce it by following the same basic procedures.

Working in slow motion (at .5 in this case)

Entering the Arsenal to make a change (adding an ephemera, in this case)

Leaving the Arsenal (back into the Captura Scene)

Performing an action, then stopping the motion (to work on the shot)

Opening the Controls

Opening the Advanced Controls

Freeze - Crash

VIDEO LOG:

RECENT OCCURENCE #1

(Picking up at entering Captura)

(PICKING UP AT SEQUENCE PRECIPITATING THE FREEZE - CRASH)

OCCURENCE #2

(FOLLOW-UP, TO DELIBERATELY REPRODUCE THE BUG)

Warframe (Tedium: Captura Bug Replication Attempt)

Again, this is probably not really interesting viewing. A bug that just hit while last in captura froze/crashed the entire Warframe app and controller response. Thus I could not even quit out of the app. I had to force the whole system into sleep. This was not, however, a hardware (controller issue) bug. The session was mainly a run-through to confirm that Bluetooth connection issues had been adequately resolved, and the present status is stable. I have encountered THIS bug in Captura before. Having streamed what did occur last is a big help to describing it. If I can replicate it, that will actually be useful for resolving it.

(FROM THE TOP)

Arrrgh!

How did this get posted under "Performance?"

"Missions" is where I THOUGHT this was going.

Well, it can wait. I'll figure out how to migrate it another time.

This is a rare type of bug, and it's been around for a while. So getting the report re-posted to the right place isn't really time-critical.

(I just wanted it wrapped so I could move on.)

Archived