Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just A Crazy Idea Of Shield

jadensoloman

Have you seen Ninjas carrying shield? ever?

No but 'tis an perplexing idea with a variety of applications from solo to support and crowd suppression. I love the idea of having the lancer shield, maybe not so much as a moddable, loadout piece, but maybe something that Tenno can snatch up off of the ground in mid-combat

Have you seen Ninjas carrying shield? ever?

Ninjas are just a really sneaky kind of fighter. Which means they fight. They use their bodies, a variety of blades, as well as bows, I think, so a shield wouldn't be too far fetched for a ninja to use. Even if it's just a small buckler, that extra bit of protection could save their life when they're unable to dodge or parry.

Anyways, we're hardly traditional ninja. It's thousands of years into the future from when the ninja practice fizzled out, so I'm really shocked that the Tenno base so many things on it. I can hardly think of a reason why Tenno wouldn't craft some kind of hand held shield. However, with the combat system the way it is now, and how simple melee combat is, I doubt a small buckler or reinforced arm guard meant for split second parrying would fit in too well. So here's my suggestion:

Make the shield a melee weapon, of course. Have the shield either shift into a compact form when not in use, perhaps placed on the small of the back like where the Fang sit while sheathed, or alternatively, have it be at full size at all times, and protect the user's blindside, or wherever the opposite direction of where they're aiming is. An even better idea, have it sit as a compact thing on the Tenno's forearm, so it can simply extend when needed. Then, make the melee attack a short combo that makes the enemy stagger backwards, or even just a single strike that deals Forcefield damage, for ragdolling, though make it have a relatively long swing time, so it can't be spammed too much. Make it hit multiple targets, maybe just three, so it can be used when the Tenno is too crowded. Then, the charge attack can be raising the shield for a few seconds, able to be cancelled by gunfire or other actions except sprinting and jumping, that blocks damage from the front. Also, I think that the shield should be big, almost as tall as the Tenno themself, if only for appearance's sake. Make charge mods affect the length or even the strength of the shield block, so it can handle more damage before being put away. You won't have the shield out at all times, trying to be a slow-moving fortress, instead, it'll be used for critical moments, when the incoming damage is too much and needs to be redirected, or the impending stagger or knockdown would result in a death, letting it keep up with the fast-paced gameplay.

Ninjas are just a really sneaky kind of fighter. Which means they fight. They use their bodies, a variety of blades, as well as bows, I think, so a shield wouldn't be too far fetched for a ninja to use. Even if it's just a small buckler, that extra bit of protection could save their life when they're unable to dodge or parry.

Anyways, we're hardly traditional ninja. It's thousands of years into the future from when the ninja practice fizzled out, so I'm really shocked that the Tenno base so many things on it. I can hardly think of a reason why Tenno wouldn't craft some kind of hand held shield. However, with the combat system the way it is now, and how simple melee combat is, I doubt a small buckler or reinforced arm guard meant for split second parrying would fit in too well. So here's my suggestion:

Make the shield a melee weapon, of course. Have the shield either shift into a compact form when not in use, perhaps placed on the small of the back like where the Fang sit while sheathed, or alternatively, have it be at full size at all times, and protect the user's blindside, or wherever the opposite direction of where they're aiming is. An even better idea, have it sit as a compact thing on the Tenno's forearm, so it can simply extend when needed. Then, make the melee attack a short combo that makes the enemy stagger backwards, or even just a single strike that deals Forcefield damage, for ragdolling, though make it have a relatively long swing time, so it can't be spammed too much. Make it hit multiple targets, maybe just three, so it can be used when the Tenno is too crowded. Then, the charge attack can be raising the shield for a few seconds, able to be cancelled by gunfire or other actions except sprinting and jumping, that blocks damage from the front. Also, I think that the shield should be big, almost as tall as the Tenno themself, if only for appearance's sake. Make charge mods affect the length or even the strength of the shield block, so it can handle more damage before being put away. You won't have the shield out at all times, trying to be a slow-moving fortress, instead, it'll be used for critical moments, when the incoming damage is too much and needs to be redirected, or the impending stagger or knockdown would result in a death, letting it keep up with the fast-paced gameplay.

I love guys like you, at least giving a useful comment. Other topic I post they just like to pour a bucket of water

if ayone saw Elysium, Kruger had sth that looked like volts' shield and it would pop up from some lightsaber-handle-stick-thingie. this would be ideal for a gear slot.

the thing could have a limited amount of damage it can absorb for each use (say 1000?), to prevent spamming

crappy pics:

http://timsfilmreviews.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/elysium-kruger_s-shield-part-1.jpg

http://timsfilmreviews.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/elysium-kruger_s-shield-part-2.jpg