Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Good Exactly Is The Charged Chamber On Vectis?

Krysis_V

I forma-ed my Vectis once and it's currently my favourite primary.

Now 9 points for 40% bonus damage vs any typical elemental mod at 9 points (all 90% damage on all except AP) sounds like a bad proposition.

Or is there some funny math involved which I'm unaware of which makes it better than a normal elemental mod?

Take Charged Chamber if you already have other elemental mods in your Vectis build. Otherwise take the elemental mod if you don't have any in the build at all.

Assuming your Vectis has the base 175 damage and you will fit only either the Charged Chamber or Stormbringer/Hellfire mod inside it.

Equipping Charged Chamber means you deal 40% more of the 175 base damage.

Total = 175 + 70 =  245

Equipping Stormbringer/Hellfire means you deal 90% more of the 175 base damage as the respective damage type.

Total = 175 + 158(rounded up) = 333

I hope this is the correct calculation, otherwise I apologise.

Take Charged Chamber if you already have other elemental mods in your Vectis build. Otherwise take the elemental mod if you don't have any in the build at all.

Assuming your Vectis has the base 175 damage and you will fit only either the Charged Chamber or Stormbringer/Hellfire mod inside it.

Equipping Charged Chamber means you deal 40% more of the 175 base damage.

Total = 175 + 70 =  245

Equipping Stormbringer/Hellfire means you deal 90% more of the 175 base damage as the respective damage type.

Total = 175 + 158(rounded up) = 333

I hope this is the correct calculation, otherwise I apologise.

It's more along the lines of this :

Damage = (Base Damage x Base Multipliers)

Elemental Damage of type X = Damage x Elemental Multiplier

So if your base damage is 175, using Charged Chamber for +40% base damage increases it to 245. Then any elemental mods you use would apply bonus damage based on the modified 245 base damage instead of it's normal base damage of 175.

Hellfire at 90% :

Fire damage bonus = BaseDamage x 0.9 = 175 x 0.9 = 158

Total Damage = 175(Base) + 158(Fire) = 333

Fire damage bonus = ModdedBaseDamage x 0.9 = 245 x 0.9 = 220.5

Total Damage = 245(Base) + 220.5(Fire) = ~465

Now consider that this modification to base damage affects all elemental damage mods then you see what a noticeable difference it has since it amplifies all of them, regardless of type.

Not sure though if it multiplies damage from Serration or adds to it though. Either it's

The calculation is the following :

Damage = (BaseDamage x (1 + Serration)) x (1 + Charged Chamber) [tested by ChaliceSoul]

OR

Damage = BaseDamage x (1 + Serration + Charged Chamber)

Edited by Wiegraf

I did some testing. Your calculation (The top one) for the Charged Chamber is the correct one.

Charged Chamber amplifies from the total base damage after Serration is added onto the base damage of the gun.

Edited the post to reflect the testing.

Also, this means that the amplification is VERY effective when used in pair with Serration which would total a base damage of 649 even before elemental damage is added

Damage = 175 x (1+ 1.65) x (1 + 0.4)

Damage = 463.75 x (1 + 0.4)

Damage = ~649

So any elemental damage mods would add damage based on a percentage of 649 which quickly adds up. And that's not counting mods like Split Chamber, Crit Damage, Crit Chance, etc.

Edited by Wiegraf

So from all the readings, I suppose it's kind of like the Bane/Expel mods? Meaning it looks like a small percentage, but its effectively much higher than it seems.

Pretty much since it applies at the end of the base damage calculation, meaning it amplifies an already amplified value.

By itself, it's so-so... but paired with mods that modifies base damage, its effect is much more noticeable.

Charged Chamber is also more useful at really high levels where you face Grineer, because elemental mods will do almost nothing in terms of damage because of how armor works. Meaning that a crit-built rifle with Charged Chamber and Piercing Hit instead of Hellfire and Cryo Rounds will do more damage, even though its theoretical damage is lower.