Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Flood Criticisms

So now that the Zariman updates been out for almost a week, I've got some criticisms about Void Flood specifically.

TL;DR: The Zariman tileset almost necessitates exploration for Plumes and Angel fights, but Void Flood prevents those by being too finicky and attention-requiring, moreso than both Cascade and Armageddon, although they too have similar albeit lesser issues.

- Firstly, the Vitoplasts are too difficult to obtain. Having to physically touch them when they are spread out as they are makes it extremely tedious to collect, especially on certain tiles that are either too small (meaning you run out of spawns before you can fill a rupture, e.g. the Bioreactor-like room with 4 pillars and a platform bridge) or too large (Vitoplasts are too far apart to collect quickly, e.g. the huge docking bay tile).

- - As a suggestion to solve this, Vitoplasts should "gravitate" towards the player similar to the Vaccum/Fetch effect when within a certain radius of the player. This should apply to "parkour" oriented Vitoplasts primarily, however I do believe that the Vitoplast dropped by enemies should be Vaccum-able the same way Life Support is in Survival missions.

- Second, the rate at which the Flood meter fills, and on a related note the spawn rate of new ruptures after the previous, is too fast to properly explore the tileset. Exploration is practically a requirement in the Zariman tileset, since Voidplume Downs, Vanes and Crests are primarily obtained this way. Bounties are simply too unreliable and RNG-based to consistently farm these. As a result, once the Void Flood objective is triggered it becomes extremely difficult to find and obtain these Voidplumes without a co-ordinated squad, making Public matchmaking a nightmare.

- - To fix this, I'd recommend slowing the rate the meter fills for all amounts of active ruptures (still maintaining the faster fill-rate if there are 2 or 3 active ruptures however), and also reducing the spawn time for the B and C ruptures after the previous spawn if there is still an active rupture. (For clarification, There should still be a time limit until the next spawn if a rupture isn't sealed since this is essentially the Zariman Survival, but since you have to actively deposit the vitoplast, unlike regular survival where you can pick up Life support modules from enemies/containers/lockers, the restriction should be more lenient). Also, the downtime between "waves" of ruptures should be longer, or a manual trigger for each wave, to allow time for the previously mentioned exploration and Voidplume collection.

- Third and finally, the Void Flood meter should either pause, or be significantly slowed, in the presence of a Void Angel. Attempting to defeat a Void Angel outside of an organised squad can jeopardise the mission since the Operator portion of the fight is so time consuming.

- - Obviously to avoid exploitation, (such as activating the Angel then ignoring them to gain the benefit of the slowed/paused meter) the Ruptures should be blocked as well while the Angel is active (Vitoplast can still be collected, but not deposited). Personally, I'd be more inclined towards a "slowed" progress instead of a "paused" meter to promote actually defeating the Angel, however this would need to be tested in-game to balance properly.

Overall, I feel like Flood is the weakest of the new game modes. While Cascade and Armageddon certainly aren't without flaw, Flood isn't fun to play in my opinion and feels like more of a chore than anything, especially with the new Incarnon weapons requiring you to play them for a stage of their evolutions. I don't think I've managed to go longer than 12 ruptures in a public match, and that was when I managed to find a fairly organised squad who didn't wander off to search for Plumes/Accolades. It seems counterintuitive to the "exploration" aspect that's almost essential in the Zariman tileset.

Nah, that's one of the better new game modes imo. It's kind of like mobile defence but the objective can't be destroyed and the team running off/around like squirrels on cocaine actually makes sense. 

I agree that some of the Vitoplasts are a bit awkward to collect but I didn't bring a dedicated Frame nor am I gods gift to Warframe parcour. Titania, Zephyr (probably Nova) are all pretty good at collecting the globes.

I've played exclusively with random squads and the flood meter never became an issue as long as half the squad takes care of them. Plenty of time to explore and/or take out void angels. Also, if your squad is already struggling, why even wake up the angel?

I agree Flood is my least favorite new mission type.   Exploration for plumes I dont think is an issue.... thats something that only needs done when your trying to rank up and need specific plumes.  After you rank up finding plumes is meaningless if you just do bounties and get free quills.   So I can not agree with that part....   

Flood is frustrating though with how little vitoplasts fill up your orb, you have to scoop up alot to make a dent in a rupture.   But the vito orbs take to long to respawn.  When im playing I am looking for orbs but I know enemeies drop them to but enemies are an even worse source because they drop so little and might not even be spawning around the ruptures.   Then if you do fill up your orb skitter girls comes along and steals it and your back to zero.

The vitoplast in the air shouldnt disappear to other players if one guy picks them up.  All 4 people should be able to fly through the same pile of vitoplast to pick them up...  

Enemies should drop orbs either more often or larger amounts.  

Its definately a problem when you have more than one rupture open and people are splitting the vitoplast between them.   One battle I heard audio that I thought was about a rupture closing so I went to the next and dumped my orbs,  but it must have been about one opening because the previous rupture was still open..   Which makes the threat level go up.  

-------------

Most of the time im hopping around looking for orbs(never finding any) and ignoring enemies..  Meanwhile I see other people constantly filling the ruptures by 25-50%.  I feel like there is some mechanic im missing or something.   

I would actually like this mode if it was just toned down a little bit and made more consistant.     Just needs more abundant vitoplast or slower timers on void escalation/failure....   

===========

I can agree with OP about Angels.   This and Defense are easy to fail while your fighting angels. 

Archived