The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lag Since Update 10.7.0 Net Code Revert To Pre-10.5.6

Nitrinium

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/128768-update-1070/

Changes:

* Reverted all Net Code changes to pre-10.5.6 to alleviate the more frequent De-Sync and Lag that we suspect these changes added.

We are troubleshooting and continuing to make improvements based on player reports.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally before this update I was lag free "60fps vsync - on all game hosting" on since the Multi- Threaded Rendering option was available but now with that option on with the reverted net code the lag is back, its like the Multi- Threaded Rendering option is not working anymore. My frame rate has dropped only a little but the lag seems unrelated to frame rate but the net code. Having said that fps do drop slowly from round start to the end of the round even with a high fps there is a weird kind of lag like the CPU is getting overloaded like only one core is being used with the game.

in the past...

Before the Multi- Threaded Rendering option was available I used to lag after hosting a void defence 3 after the floor was covered with ammo like this thread...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93286-massive-frame-drops-by-ammo-packs/

This lag went away to changes to net code and the multi-threaded option but now its back, I understand why the revert I did see people and friends get De-Sync every so often and had them complain on VOIP but this lag to me is worse than the De-Sync.

options set below and specs

DX11 - on

64-Bit - on

Multi- Threaded Rendering - on

On

win 7 pro 64 bit

CPU I7-2600k @ 3.40GHz

16.0 GB ram

GeForce GTX 580 with 1536 MB GDDR5

You know net code is not about frames, don't you?

To be honest I am not sure, I know net code is how the client communicates with the host and the host with the warframe handler server?, I know this might not be related to frames but after reading the update 10.7.0...

"Reverted all Net Code changes to pre-10.5.6 to alleviate the more frequent De-Sync and Lag"

I took it as lag=frame issue and not communication lag, I know this might not be the case but because my fps do drop as a round goes on and I have not changed my hardware or drivers, I am at a loss to what the problem is so posted all info/thoughts.

NET code. Key word - NET. They reverted all the net code changes.

Good gawd every time I see people referring to FPS slowdown and network latency as the same thing I just want to stab myself with a fork.

I realize that most first-worlders have no concept of what bad latency is and therefore cannot recognize it when it rears its ugly head and pukes all over your day - so use your awesome internet to Google the difference...  

Cheers, I am off to stab myself.

I realize that most first-worlders have no concept of what bad latency is and therefore cannot recognize it when it rears its ugly head

There's an option in Warframe that shows fps also other 3rd party programs that show fps... and I admitted I was wrong before you made your post, be constructive not troll like.

*40Mbps Down 10 Up, Fibre line -> no packet loss

*Have not changed hardware or drivers

*750 hours played in Warframe and only the last 10+ hours and the same lag from before an earlier update but fine between.

*I have had a fps drop when hosting since Update 10.7.0 "gets worse as round goes on, worse in the void"

https://forums.warfr...68-update-1070/

So pls tell me what conclusion I should make from the above update notes with the fps drop?, "and yes I know there might be omitted notes of relevance to the problem"