Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Engo - The Engineer

WinterSaber

Hello, Tenno.
this is the result of our research in Corpus technology. this is Engo - The Engineer. Combining the knowledge of corpus technology with warframe abilities turns Engo into great supporter and defender.
1, Defending drone - reduses damage, taken by Engo
2. Laser turret - places a turret that attacks enemies within range with laser. Increases maximum to 2 turrets at max level.
3. Restoration installation - places a devise that increases shield and Hp regeneration per second in a radius to all allies.
4. Energy ties - links allied frames together, dividing taken damage among all of them and lowering it for a percentage.

Despite Engo has no damaging abilities, he is aways needed in teams and on defense missions and his turrets will destroy his enemies.

If I'll have time and will be able to draw some arts I'll make it and maybe will add some weapon concept, that can be added to game with Engo.

I like the idea of a frame that's more of a technical engineer than vauban, the combat engineer. the one thing about vauban's teslas is that they are kinda like turrets, just, energy grenades instead of a turret in the strict sense. the design makes it so visually the turret (tesla) doesn't have to be facing its enemy, otherwise the turret could be spinning all over the place if you have enemies coming from every which way. but you could make it more like the TF2 engy's sentry, which has a limited range of acquisition, and can't turn 180 degrees. actually, re-reading what you're suggesting, that's probably fine, because you can just place two back to back to cover your team's position

so, question time. would the sentries be duration-based (spawn only for a certain amount of time), or would they just have health and shields that would have to be depleted? what would we do if you wanted to place a new sentry, but you already had 2 down? would the oldest one just be destroyed? would the sentries have their own ammo cache, and would that have to be replenished? bullet-based or energy-based weapon systems for the turrets? maybe that could determine their life span, they just stay active until they run out of ammo. but that would kinda suck against higher level enemies

I really like the ult, that seems like a really cool concept, then you could have tanky frames in your cell absorbing damage for the fragile casters. then again, at higher levels, no one wants to be taking damage. spreading the damage across frames might be a little confusing, taking into consideration each frame's armor and if they have elemental resistance mods, and what to do if there's also a trinity running link at the same time. the third ability, with the static placement of a health/shield regenerator is pretty cool, I always thought this is what well of life should be like. and energy vampire, too, but then it isn't really vampiric

so, question time. would the sentries be duration-based (spawn only for a certain amount of time), or would they just have health and shields that would have to be depleted? what would we do if you wanted to place a new sentry, but you already had 2 down? would the oldest one just be destroyed? would the sentries have their own ammo cache, and would that have to be replenished? bullet-based or energy-based weapon systems for the turrets? maybe that could determine their life span, they just stay active until they run out of ammo. but that would kinda suck against higher level enemies

I really like the ult, that seems like a really cool concept, then you could have tanky frames in your cell absorbing damage for the fragile casters. then again, at higher levels, no one wants to be taking damage. spreading the damage across frames might be a little confusing, taking into consideration each frame's armor and if they have elemental resistance mods, and what to do if there's also a trinity running link at the same time. the third ability, with the static placement of a health/shield regenerator is pretty cool, I always thought this is what well of life should be like. and energy vampire, too, but then it isn't really vampiric

About turrets - I think that they are time based and may be destroyed, but they will last long enough - for several minutes. Laser ones, with no ammo. With regeneration of shields but no Hp regen. Only if restoration bot is near. Yes, the oldest one will be replaced.

about link - I thought about combination - link+def drone to reduce incoming damage even more. Also, I think, Engo must be rather tanky, so...

If restoration installation will also regen energy this will be too much, I think. Too strong ability.