Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More boss battles like void angel

Wirlort

Like title said, i loved the void angel fighting concept and would love to see more boss fights like that, it kinda feels like a small raid.

Also everything about the zariman update is gold, i never grinded a standing so hard like this.

While the void angels are a good start, they just feel too weak. Even in the highest level bounties they are still easily melted by an exodia contagion zaw with a primer. Warframe has almost never made a hard boss. Some of them have annoying gimmicks like the predasite, but it can again just be melted by a sufficiently strong weapon. The only boss that could even be considered hard is the ropalolyst, but even then just bring a chakkhurr with a decent amp and it will be melted in moments. The archons were a start, and I think this is mostly because of movement. Normally in warframe, you are blitzing around the map going two hundred miles per hour and you can just easily dodge attacks. However what makes bosses in games like elden ring hard is because they have the opposite movement system. you can't run that fast and deal very minimal damage against your enemies. Imagine throwing an excalibur into melania's boss fight. right, wouldn't end well for her. The archons kind of replicated this as you could only dodge by rolling and your nataruk did 400 damage at best, not to mention that they could easily melt half your health bar in 1 attack. basically in warframe you aren't in danger, you are the danger. this is what makes boss fights kinda poopy in warframe. ok i'm done venting on a topic that has barely anything to do with the original post goodbye.

On 2022-05-06 at 5:58 PM, Mazifet said:

While the void angels are a good start, they just feel too weak. Even in the highest level bounties they are still easily melted by an exodia contagion zaw with a primer. Warframe has almost never made a hard boss. Some of them have annoying gimmicks like the predasite, but it can again just be melted by a sufficiently strong weapon. The only boss that could even be considered hard is the ropalolyst, but even then just bring a chakkhurr with a decent amp and it will be melted in moments. The archons were a start, and I think this is mostly because of movement. Normally in warframe, you are blitzing around the map going two hundred miles per hour and you can just easily dodge attacks. However what makes bosses in games like elden ring hard is because they have the opposite movement system. you can't run that fast and deal very minimal damage against your enemies. Imagine throwing an excalibur into melania's boss fight. right, wouldn't end well for her. The archons kind of replicated this as you could only dodge by rolling and your nataruk did 400 damage at best, not to mention that they could easily melt half your health bar in 1 attack. basically in warframe you aren't in danger, you are the danger. this is what makes boss fights kinda poopy in warframe. ok i'm done venting on a topic that has barely anything to do with the original post goodbye

If You have 1k hours in Warframe and you find difficulties killing a boss then what would a 500 hours player feel? At one point you are gonna become stronger than any mob in the game

Annnnnnd let's say there is a strong boss, then some sneaky players will find a way to cheese it and it will become the meta loadout and it won't be fun

On 2022-05-06 at 10:58 AM, Mazifet said:

The archons were a start, and I think this is mostly because of movement. Normally in warframe, you are blitzing around the map going two hundred miles per hour and you can just easily dodge attacks.

Just a reminder: In New War, you fight two Archons without a warframe. Operator is built completely differently, a lot weaker by comparison. This immense handicap is what made the Archons feel like proper boss fights. Then when its time to fight the third one, you've got your warframe back and you just stomp it into the dirt without breaking a sweat.

There is no real boss like that while using a warframe, except for Steel Path Ropalolyst maybe.

On 2022-05-06 at 6:58 PM, Mazifet said:

Warframe has almost never made a hard boss. Some of them have annoying gimmicks like the predasite, but it can again just be melted by a sufficiently strong weapon.

I can assure you...

No amount of making this boss Tankier Is going to make it harder....

But you people who always want more Challenge never listen so I guess you'll find out the hard way.

On 2022-05-06 at 6:58 PM, Mazifet said:

However what makes bosses in games like elden ring hard is because they have the opposite movement system. you can't run that fast and deal very minimal damage against your enemies.

And that's what makes the Boss Fights in those Games so Boring...

It's also why I like Sekiro So Much....

On 2022-05-08 at 2:58 PM, Wirlort said:

Annnnnnd let's say there is a strong boss, then some sneaky players will find a way to cheese it and it will become the meta loadout and it won't be fun

I've seen players do exactly that In Souls Games...

Even if it Takes longer they will find which ever opening Allows them to get Guaranteed Damage with Minimal Risk ... And won't even attempt to try something Else.... In some boss fights there isn't even anything else to Try... Dark Eater Midir being a perfect Example of this....

Archived