The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two people thought this idea was interesting on reddit, Weapon frames

(PSN)goldenhotrod24

a frame weapon is a frame turned into a weapon. abilities would be triggered from certain attacks, but abilities are still rank locked. i would like to say that you could put warframe mods on the weapons but that might be too op, idk. a not so good example that i'm gonna use anyway is excalibur as a sword, perferably, a heavy sword.

When aiming you use slash dash, blocking uses radial blind, slam uses radial javelin, and last but no least useing heavy turns the blade into exaulted it's form. i feel like the weapon should have it's own energy bar that would be half of the frame that would limit ability use.

abilities and attacks would vary per weapon frame as they could be a primary, secondary, or a melee.

if having a frame using a frame is too op then here is another option, the weapon can be summoned in operator only missions, if either is ever added, and can be used by operator for x amount of time. one frame weapon can be equipped in gear wheel at a time.

as building wise goes, parts would have to incorperate components of their limbful variant, or the built frame.

I might categorize frame into weapon groups that i think would fit

swords:

excalibur: When aiming you use slash dash, blocking uses radial blind, slam uses radial javelin, and last but not least using the heavy attack turns the blade into it's exaulted form.

dagger/s:

wukong: a dagger that turns into dual daggers when obtains a 5x combo, wukongs 2nd activates when in hand during a finisher, 3rd is active while blocking. heavy activates primal fury/ turns into staff

gun:

frost: a gun that shoots his first abilitiy when you fire, hold the fire button to shoot his second. when reloading with every 20-50 kills his 3rd activates, heavy activates his 4th

On 2022-05-24 at 3:47 AM, (PSN)goldenhotrod24 said:

if having a frame using a frame is too op then here is another option, the weapon can be summoned in operator only missions, if either is ever added, and can be used by operator for x amount of time. one frame weapon can be equipped in gear wheel at a time.

So you ask for adding Operator-only missions... just so then a mechanic for summoning a warframe in it is introduced... What kind of sense does that make?

Oh sorry, it's WORSE than summoning a warframe, because, you only get the warframe's abilities, and not the weapons what only warframes can equip, or the protection that normally comes with being in a warframe.

This entire concept makes no sense. You ask for basically warframe signature weapons, but with additional mechanics that make the weapons actually much more unwieldy, rather than interesting. And also, the very reason why there are weapons in the game is so that you can still kill things when out of energy on your warframe. How would that work, if your weapon also uses energy? Or are the weapon "abilities" handles through ammo? Because that is OP as all hell.

To steal a quote from Josh Strife Heyes: "It's like a pizza cutter: all edge, but no point".

Archived