Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Get A Taunt?

Hrobot

I would love to see a taunt animation in the game. Just a button I can hit, after destroying a boss and showing my superiority.

Well, actually I want the taunt to use it when I stand in an elevator and a buddy is running towards it and I hit the button just in time to get the doors to close in front of his nose(that's just a thing we do to each other).

Anyway, taunts would be a great thing to have in the game.

I don't know about Blacklight but BFBC2 has good taunts

So far tenno/warframe didn't speak (they only follow Lotus's orders)

Perhaps the devs intend to keep it that way? It'd be kinda cool to have the Tenno have no voice. There was a thread a while ago about idle animations where the Tenno would do something like stretch, flex, relax, etc. and I think in that way the characters (or frames, whatever) could have their own slight personality.

The Tenno don't seem to be people who would taunt their opponents. They're their to kill, and kill only. I don't think they could care less about what people think about them. They were awakened for a reason, and it wasn't a very nice one.

-Akuzimo

They're their to kill, and kill only.

And then to taunt.

No.

This dude just proved my point. If there was anything against having a taunt in the game, he would have written it down. But there literally isn't and he was forced to write a meager "no."

One day people will overcome their fear of the unknown and see the light that is taunts in a game.

Would the taunts improve in some way the game? I know they're fun (Blacklight) but are they really necessary?

If you know they are fun, then you have answered question about them improving the game. As for your question about them being nessecary, no they are not, but neither is playing a game about being a space ninja.

Taunts would be fun, having a meditation taunt I could use when waiting for another player to help me open those doors that require 2 people would be cool.

If taunts are implemented, I want my ASH to say something along the lines of this:

"My gusta is overcharged. Me. Gusta."

"Does my gusta intimidate you?"

"A krundel to whoever restores my gusta!" (When incapacitated)

"(Me Gusta face)"

"Me gusta me gusta me gusta me gusta."

Yeah...I know I'm a game-developing genius. Hold your applause.

Edited by Crimson_Thomas

Look at actions games like DMC1-4. Those games have taunts that are there just because they help set in the fact that you're playing some sort of bad &#!. Warframe could use them for the same reason.

your a bad &#! because you are a ninja! Ever seen a game where a real ninja does dumb taunts to show hes awesome? No.... Because they dont need these to show their superiority....