Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech Concepts (X2)

(XBOX)LITECYCLERIDER9

Since we have 4 Necramech slots to start with but only 2 Necramechs in the game, I thought of 2 ideas to fill out the remaining slots. Seeing as we have the Bonewidow, a frontline fighter, and the Voidrig, an artillery, I figured a tank and support mech would be logical.

Craterhorn Necramech - heavy armor necramech

A1 - Harden - Sacrifice all shields to permanently increase armor until death, can be recast with a limit on how many stacks can be used. 

A2 - Bastion - Cause all enemies to focus their fire on Craterhorn, damage dealt to Craterhorn is converted to shields for allies in range.

A3 - Blast Launcher - Launch a grenade that incinerates the ground in the area, causing damage over time to any enemies that dare walk through it.

A4 - Self Destruct - Overcharge your mech with void energy and witness an explosion that engulfs your foes in flames. The excess void energy surrounds the operator, providing temporary immunity to all forms of damage. Strength of the explosion is based on total armor, including results from A1. Necramech is destroyed upon use.

Dragonfly Necramech - support necramech 

A1 - Surface Tension - creates a stationary energy platform below Dragonfly that allows it and allies to see the battlefield from the high ground. 

A2 - Enlighten - temporarily increases self and allies critical damage by a small amount.

A3 - Repair Drones - deploys 1 - 4 drones to repair allied Necramechs, upon destruction a drone will shield the Necramech it has been healing.

A4 - Thinline exalted archsniper - exalted sniper rifle for Dragonfly to wield. Damage is increased while hovering and hovering no longer slowly drifts to the ground, rather keeps the current height.

Like it, few things I want to say though. I forget if Necramechs had passives or not, but if these did, I'd say for Caterhorn a % regen of max health n, for Dragonfly higher base jump height.

As, for the abilities Caterhorn's fine, but for Dragonfly I'd add 50% evasion while standing on Surface Tension and add crit chance to Enlighten. 

So, there's my thoughts, with that I agree MORE NECRAMECHS! 🤖 ❤️

I will say first and foremost that I do love these concepts as they are very cool to imagine in gameplay, but I have a few small opinions when it comes to the Heavy Armor Necramech, Craterhorn.

Disclaimer: I by no means are asking for anything to be changed, but only want to give my opinions on why I believe some abilities may not work too well for the Necramech.

1) I don't really understand the 1st ability, Harden on why it uses stacks, aside from just having energy, which makes it too similar to that of Revenant's 2nd ability Mesmer Skin. In lore, the Necramechs are said to be archaic and robust compared to the Warframes, so I don't know how it will use stacks. Unless this ability has a cooldown, or can be activated again, I don't really understand how it'll work. 

2) While this ability is pretty cool, Blast Launcher seems very similar to Voidrig's First ability, Necraweb, which already has two functions. If I were to have a small idea to change it, I would suggest a flamethrower to replace, so its shows that Craterhorn is truly a menace to face and hopefully switch it to be his fourth ability, which would also work like an Exalted weapon, like the Arquebex, Ironbride and Thinline(Exalted Sniper).

3) Craterhorn's Self-Destruct ability seems pretty cool, but it feels too lackluster for a one and done deal. The player should have the chance to keep the Necramech alive as long as possible, since it seems that Craterhorn isn't able to heal, unlike Bonewidow. if this was to be implemented, I wouldn't want to wait for the cooldown to end(assuming the cooldown is the same as when it would normally get destroyed) just because I wanted to survive as my operator for an unknown period of time. The Operator is not that tanky as a character and has to rely on survivability, which their void powers alone already provide. If anything, I would switch this to consecutive expolsions coming for the Necramech itself, which requires it to get up close.

I will say it again, I love the Necramechs we got and DEFINITELY hope to see more of them in the future, especially more of your ideas as well.

On 2022-07-18 at 8:16 PM, (XBOX)LITECYCLERIDER9 said:

Craterhorn Necramech - heavy armor necramech

A1 - Harden - Sacrifice all shields to permanently increase armor until death, can be recast with a limit on how many stacks can be used. 

A2 - Bastion - Cause all enemies to focus their fire on Craterhorn, damage dealt to Craterhorn is converted to shields for allies in range.

A3 - Blast Launcher - Launch a grenade that incinerates the ground in the area, causing damage over time to any enemies that dare walk through it.

A4 - Self Destruct - Overcharge your mech with void energy and witness an explosion that engulfs your foes in flames. The excess void energy surrounds the operator, providing temporary immunity to all forms of damage. Strength of the explosion is based on total armor, including results from A1. Necramech is destroyed upon use.

On 2022-08-02 at 1:03 PM, (PSN)IAMPRO_16 said:

I will say first and foremost that I do love these concepts as they are very cool to imagine in gameplay, but I have a few small opinions when it comes to the Heavy Armor Necramech, Craterhorn.

Disclaimer: I by no means are asking for anything to be changed, but only want to give my opinions on why I believe some abilities may not work too well for the Necramech.

1) I don't really understand the 1st ability, Harden on why it uses stacks, aside from just having energy, which makes it too similar to that of Revenant's 2nd ability Mesmer Skin. In lore, the Necramechs are said to be archaic and robust compared to the Warframes, so I don't know how it will use stacks. Unless this ability has a cooldown, or can be activated again, I don't really understand how it'll work. 

2) While this ability is pretty cool, Blast Launcher seems very similar to Voidrig's First ability, Necraweb, which already has two functions. If I were to have a small idea to change it, I would suggest a flamethrower to replace, so its shows that Craterhorn is truly a menace to face and hopefully switch it to be his fourth ability, which would also work like an Exalted weapon, like the Arquebex, Ironbride and Thinline(Exalted Sniper).

3) Craterhorn's Self-Destruct ability seems pretty cool, but it feels too lackluster for a one and done deal. The player should have the chance to keep the Necramech alive as long as possible. if this was to be implemented, I wouldn't want to wait for the cooldown to end(assuming the cooldown is the same as when it would normally get destroyed) just because I wanted to survive as my operator for an unknown period of time. The Operator is not that tanky as a character and has to rely on survivability, which their void powers alone already provide. If anything, I would switch this to consecutive expolsions coming for the Necramech itself, which requires it to get up close.

I will say it again, I love the Necramechs we got and DEFINITELY hope to see more of them in the future, especially more of your ideas as well.

If I'm not mistaken I think ”Hardens stacking mechanic”  refers to how many time the ability can be used/stacked/stored  per life.

I actually like the idea of blast launcher being a Exalted Flamethrower, maybe it could be called  Pyro/Flame launcher and the alt- fire can still shoot fireballs that leave an AOE on the ground.

As for the self-destruct, I believe a compromise between the explosion and the after affects, I suggest that Caterhorn explodes (all stored armor is removed) Caterhorn doesn't die but instead become invulnerable for 3-4 second's and this is when you could use Bastion to its full effect. And if Caterhorn does die then he explodes in Void energy harmful to enemies helpful to ally's.

We definitely need more necramechs my +1 for that (even though they're a pain to level)

Craterhorn (awesome name btw) - Maybe alter the self destruct so that it's a massive radial blast but doesn't destroy the necramech, and it consumes one of the stacks of the A1-Harden in the process; to create a bit of a give and take - sacrifice some of that defense for bit of offense. He's definitely going to need some kind of regen with A2 as even with A1's damage reduction he's going to take a significant hit on HP from it.

+1 for an exalted flamethrower, sounds dope, agree that A3 is the least enticing ability here and this would be a great alternative.

Not a big fan of Dragonfly's design, but I do love the idea of a support necramech. This would be awesome for things like void storm survival and orphix where people are in their necramechs for extended periods of time.

Archived