The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Smoke Effect! Please Bring A Option To Disable It

StanicEnemy

Which graphics card are you trying to run this game on? Does it meet the minimum system requirements?

The minimum specs for Warframe are:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 
DirectX: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 5 GB free HD space
For DirectX11:

Graphics: AMD 5000 series or Nvidia 400 series or higher
To use Nvidia APEX PhysX:

Nvidia Graphics Card with 1G of video RAM
Driver Version 310.90 or higher

Note: There is no Mac or Linux client currently available.

Also which settings are you running the game on in-game and in the launcher (Multithreaded rendering, 64-bit, etc)
Edited by R3leaZ

Which graphics card are you trying to run this game on? Does it meet the minimum system requirements?

The minimum specs for Warframe are:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 
DirectX: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 5 GB free HD space
For DirectX11:

Graphics: AMD 5000 series or Nvidia 400 series or higher
To use Nvidia APEX PhysX:

Nvidia Graphics Card with 1G of video RAM
Driver Version 310.90 or higher

Note: There is no Mac or Linux client currently available.

Also which settings are you running the game on in-game and in the launcher (Multithreaded rendering, 64-bit, etc)

My system is ok to run warframe,after the last patch the smoke screen came out.

Every graphic settings are low and i already disabled multithreaded rendering 64 bit.

I'm using windows 7 I had no problem 'till the last patch came out.

My system is ok to run warframe,after the last patch the smoke screen came out.

Every graphic settings are low and i already disabled multithreaded rendering 64 bit.

I'm using windows 7 I had no problem 'till the last patch came out.

You didn't answer my question. What is your system setup?

Enabling multithreaded rendering boosts performance.

Enabling 64-bit mode also boosts performance.

Disabling 64-bit mode is only necessary if your Windows 7 is 32-bit. So it won't be possible to run the game on 64-bit. Disabling multithreaded rendering is necessary if your PC doesn't have a multicore processor like a dual core, quad core or even a hexa core, so only when you have a single core processor and I doubt you are using a single core processor since they are exceptionally outdated.

Edited by R3leaZ

this smoke effect is a bug as far as i can tell.

it ramps GPU to max and makes selecting anything almost impossible.

this started appearing after the last patch for me.

requires a complete client restart to remove it.

i've had it show with dx9 -- with everything on. (multithreading, 64bit etc)

haven't tested with dx11.

You didn't answer my question. What is your system setup?

Enabling multithreaded rendering boosts performance.

Enabling 64-bit mode also boosts performance.

Disabling 64-bit mode is only necessary if your Windows 7 is 32-bit. So it won't be possible to run the game on 64-bit. Disabling multithreaded rendering is necessary if your PC doesn't have a multicore processor like a dual core, quad core or even a hexa core, so only when you have a single core processor and I doubt you are using a single core processor since they are exceptionally outdated.

They are all off.

I never turned on the multithreaded rendering and 64 bit thing.

heres the my system

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     P7450  @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 32 bit

Ram: 4GB

They are all off.

I never turned on the multithreaded rendering and 64 bit thing.

heres the my system

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU     P7450  @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 32 bit

Ram: 4GB

You should honestly enable multithreaded rendering and 64-bit mode xD since they tend to make performance better... Also your videocard is below minimum system requirements. Since the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 is significantly weaker vs the old nVidia 8600 GT and the ATI Radeon HD 3600 (Old desktop videocard while your videocard is a weaker though 1 generation newer notebook videocard)

Ram is decent enough for a laptop since I have 4 GB on this crappy laptop too and it runs Warframe completely fine.

Since you have a dual core processor yes I would suggest enabling multithreaded rendering since your processor can take advantage of it. Though test if it makes performance better.

Since you have a Windows 64-bit OS I would also suggest enabling 64-bit mode since it will make your game take more advantage of your hardware thus making the performance a lot better.

Edited by R3leaZ

You should honestly enable multithreaded rendering and 64-bit mode xD since they tend to make performance better... Also your videocard is below minimum system requirements. Since the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 is significantly weaker vs the old nVidia 8600 GT and the ATI Radeon HD 3600 (Old desktop videocard while your videocard is a weaker though 1 generation newer notebook videocard)

Ram is decent enough for a laptop since I have 4 GB on this crappy laptop too and it runs Warframe completely fine.

Since you have a dual core processor yes I would suggest enabling multithreaded rendering since your processor can take advantage of it. Though test if it makes performance better.

Since you have a Windows 64-bit OS I would also suggest enabling 64-bit mode since it will make your game take more advantage of your hardware thus making the performance a lot better.

Okay I will enable multihreaded and 64-bit mod right now yeah I have a horrible laptop it handles with warframe so bad im always having fps drops D:

But the smoke effect or bug is really annoying.

ill let you know if it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Disable the "depth of field" option at settings, and you should be fine :)

Also, your graphics card is a mobile graphics card which im pretty sure does not meet the minimum requirements.

Necro.

Btw depth of field does nothing to the smoke effects in Infested missions. I play with everything disabled and I found out in Infested missions it is INCREDIBLY dusty, though my laptop has no problems with it.

Disable the "depth of field" option at settings, and you should be fine :)

Also, your graphics card is a mobile graphics card which im pretty sure does not meet the minimum requirements.

Did you ever read what I wrote

Edited by StanicEnemy