Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zariman / Railjack / Void Storms / Matchmaking

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

As a PS4 user I usually have to sit through pretty painful load times.  Cetus to PoE,  Fortuna to OV,  Necralisk to Cambion Drift.   Railack being the absolute worst loadtime/transition.   

I gotta say though Zariman is the best and fastest spot in the game.   I have been running bounties there basically since it dropped, farming arcanes after all the other stuff.   Did DE unroll some new tech for Zariman/Elevator ???   Is there anything you can copy paste into other areas of the game as far as Loading into missions???   

DE needs to totally redesign how Railjack Missions are started, where they are started from,  how they end.  It has always been a huge MESS.  

1st.  RJ should start and stop from your orbiter.   Launching from dry dock  is cool and works great with a story mission but thats IT.   Pulling people to your dojo does seam to make things work a tiny bit better but most people just launch from Orbiter.    After a mission ends your just all sitting on some random dudes RJ waiting for him to quit or start another mission.   This is wrong.   As soon as a mission ends you should get booted back to your orbiter period.   One major problem I have with RJ is that by the time you get back to your Orbiter from doing an RJ mission you can no longer see your "Last Mission Report".   You cant see the scoreboard,  you cant see what loot was earned.   You can look at that stuff before leaving a mission or while the mission is winding down.   But once you get back to your orbiter where you alone and have the time...nope...       Kicking everyone to orbiter as soon as a mission is over would hopefully help with this.   

Kicking people back to their orbiter doesnt have to end a squad either.   You could still be in a group after!!  Think about any mission...   you go to some map, kill a bunch of crap,  extract,  and you show back up at your ship...  but your still in the group until you leave.....   

2nd.   Your chances of making it into an RJ mission with all the people you started with are slim to none.   Someone is going to desync and get stuck in loading.  Someone else will just get kicked for no reason.   I dont know why RJ loading is so horrible but I imagine part of it is because of where RJ can start from...   maybe it has something to do with everyone's personal RJ customizations??  The colors of the ship and the weapons and components????  If so maybe you can do some technical magic and make it so that information doesnt have to be shared.    Just make it part of the Plex system.   If I go on your ship I see my ships colors, my ships weapons, etc????      But whatever the case is there anything that can be learned from Zariman and applied here???

==========

Void Storms / Relic Fissures are actually THE BEST way to pop relics in the game right now.   You can get Forma, Riven Slivers,  Radiant Relics all while trying to pop relics.    But the best part is on Railjack all loot is shared,  INCLUDING reactant.    Yes thats right!!   Relic Fissures become insanely fun when you dont have to worry about picking up Reactant or making sure everyone else has theirs!!!   It doesnt matter if people spread out and do their own thing!!

Thats one area I think Zariman could be improved on.   Plume and Arcane pick-ups should be shared so you dont have to actually go pick them up.   Then plume hunters can go explore and not help with the mission and mission guys can ignore plumes and handle business.  

It would also be really good to make Reactant a shared pick-up in ANY fissure, not just railjack.    Then alot of normal fissures would become alot more pleasant.   

But as rewarding and fulfilling as Void Storms are....nobody runs them.   I've tried recruiting for them and I only get like one guy.   I leave my squad open and launch into them and nobody ever joins.   Its a shame.   (Im sure Void Storms are also rather off putting to alot of people.    Tons of bubbles to get nullified from, tons of eximus,  Constant void rifts). 

Archived