The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Really Hate This

Renathy

Websites keep pushing you to use passwords like "Hbf49fS40c" or other nonsense, while passwords like "thisismysecretpasswordyoucantguessit" are far more complicated to crack out (it's too long to simply guess it, especially if you have a voluntary typo in it, and since automted methods only care about the lenght, it's a thousand times longer for an algorythm to crack it) and far more easier to remember.

Don't see the problem with that.. but then again i work with network security. Pretty much all of my passwords fit those requirements as a default.

The problem is that some users, such as me, have set passwords for all accounts, and they mainly consist of only one element (e.g.: letter or number), which in turn bothers me a lot when websites start forcing me to add more characters to my passwords, which I end up forgetting or having to reset, or constantly use the wrong one.

The problem is that some users, such as me, have set passwords for all accounts, and they mainly consist of only one element (e.g.: letter or number), which in turn bothers me a lot when websites start forcing me to add more characters to my passwords, which I end up forgetting or having to reset, or constantly use the wrong one.

Do as i do then. Take your usual password and add another password at the end/start of it.

EX: s3cr3tp@ssw0rd

add: l0ng3r

then l0ng3rs3cr3tp@ssw0rd

Or just take any random number you remember and type it holding shift, so that "11172013" (today's date) becomes "!!!&@)!#". And add it to the longer password:

!!!&@)!#l0ng3rs3cr3tp@ssw0rd

Do as i do then. Take your usual password and add another password at the end/start of it.

EX: s3cr3tp@ssw0rd

add: l0ng3r

then l0ng3rs3cr3tp@ssw0rd

Or just take any random number you remember and type it holding shift, so that "11172013" (today's date) becomes "!!!&@)!#". And add it to the longer password:

!!!&@)!#l0ng3rs3cr3tp@ssw0rd

I don't want to make it longer. I don't want to change it.

I have the same password since I knew about the existence of the internet and registration on different websites. The SAME password. It has been 7 years, and I have never had the problem of account loss. I understand that some users are naive enough to sometimes do the wrong doing, such as giving their account information to phishing websites, or giving it to a friendly stranger, but I'm well aware of the dangers of scams among gaming websites and others. Therefore this system of account over-protection should be optional.