Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"sniper Snopes": Faction Specific?

TheSeannachaidh

i personally hate the scope idea. just my opinion though it seems to....limited in view i guess. and yes snipers TODAY are limited but this is the future and that tenno helmets are likely to have some kinds of sniper ui that would have similar view but way wider. corpus as well that visor is like the tennos "eyes" there camera like. (Iron Man)

HAH! WE GET SCOPES! 
In the faces of all those who said "Tenno don't need scopes! They don't even have eyes!". Oh so funny. 

On a sidenote, I do hope we get weapon specific scopes, and I hope they don't go too overboard with the special effects. Scopes are supposed to aid you in aiming, not hinder it. 

On a sidenote, I do hope we get weapon specific scopes, and I hope they don't go too overboard with the special effects. Scopes are supposed to aid you in aiming, not hinder it. 

Definitely agree with this. I would never use a scope like the one shown in the livestream. Too much stuff obscuring the screen, the size of the visible area is too small, too many different shapes and colors.

I would be ok with something which is scope-like, with some added visual effect in addition to zoom, eg. added designs around the border or (very) semi-transparent bars to "help" in aiming. Warframe is a fast-paced game, it should not need to obscure parts of the screen to let the player focus on an important part of it, because you shoot a target and as soon as you release the trigger you are already looking for the next target.

Having to zoom out every time you switch targets would make it more cumbersome than what it is worth in my opinion, causing snipers to become something you use more like a secondary instead of an actual primary.

HAH! WE GET SCOPES! 

In the faces of all those who said "Tenno don't need scopes! They don't even have eyes!". Oh so funny. 

actually this doesnt prove or change anything, the scope overlay is still a HUD element.

I don't want scopes. IMO it would be harder to aim.

it's funny, everyone has been asking for scopes, id ask you to look at the Vectis development thread, but that's in the design council