Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Texture Node Groups for Blender

Chazkee

Hi, First of all I want to clear out that I'm not any kind of expert on this topic, I just figured out this method by myself and there might be other ways to get better results. However I wanted to share this in case you want to experiment, visualize or modify your textures in Blender and maybe save some time.

Once you import the fbx or obj, set a material and upload the textures into an ImageTexture node but keep in mind that the "Color Space" will be reset every time you upload a texture, set it this way:

warframe_d = sRGB
warframe_n = Non-Color
warframe_s = Non-Color
warframe_r = Non-Color
warframe_t = sRGB(Raw for Cycles)
warframe_e = sRGB

owx2qGL.jpg

Warframe Node

jtrQvcJ.jpg

It works with Metallic, I couldn't figure out how to mix the black areas from the diffuse map with the Specular workflow.

ColorSet Node

jIcctVD.jpg

This works as a Global Variable, connect it each material that you want to share colors with.

Panning Node

yPNaN4E.jpg

This work as the X and Y variables in the Tennogen tool, but you need to set the values with the keyframes on the timeline, must be connected to the Vector input of a copy of the Emissive map(in case you already have a green channel) or a New Image in case you want to paint it in blender(try not to paint while animation is playing because at some point it will cause blender to crash).

0.0 is the initial position
-1.0 or 1.0 is a full pan on the axis

ZOSvlFv.gif

This sets the pan for vertical upward movement.

X6GrWKc.gif

It's necessary to create a texture that matches the dimensions of the emissive map.

aUZDvJ0.gif

You can start painting both maps to test the animation, keep in mind that any black region on the panning axis will turn off any emissive in that vector once the texture reaches it, I suggest start painting all the emissive on the panning texture first.

BdOuomD.jpg

Remember to save both images on a Grayscale in order to Compose them later.

In the case you've painted your panning texture, you can use GIMP to compose into a single image, just open the emissive(warframe_e) and drag the panning texture onto a second layer, then select Colors>Components>Compose, then select the emissive map for Red, panning texture for Green and for Blue set a Mask Value to 0.

2OtzIjE.gif

Once you have uploaded all your textures into the TennoGenTool, you can check the result by setting a value on the X or Y parameters.

3XjKA5c.gif

It would be nice to know if DE is ok with sharing a blend file containing the nodes already set to the material and where to do it safely.

Here an example of what you can do by combining both channels:

YweGWSu.gif

Anyway, I hope this can help you in some way, cheers.

Archived