Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

"This mission is being played offline. Other players cannot be invited."

JaylewAF11

Starting this morning, whenever I am playing a joinable mission and try to invite a friend, I get an error "This mission is being played offline. Other players cannot be invited." Additionally, whenever I select a Cetus bounty in Cetus then walk to the double doors to begin the mission with the friend, it kicks my friends out of the party. If I invite friends from the orbiter, then start a mission from there, everything works fine. I can also join friends in the middle of a session. But I can't invite friends to a session currently underway, and when my friends see that I'm playing a normal joinable session (like plains of Eidalon), it says that I'm not joinable, even though I'm in Open. Things I have tried:

-Switching from Open, to friends, to solo play modes. I normally play in open.
-Verifing NAT is open, network test in game settings says network is nominal.

-Restarting the game, steam, my pc, and my router.
-Typing "/normal" in the in game chat to disable do not disturb (although I never turned it on)

Any idea? Funny that it just started today and happens consistently.

23 hours ago, JaylewAF11 said:

If I invite friends from the orbiter, then start a mission from there, everything works fine.

ISP change overnight? CGNAT? Tho sounds unlikely given you can still host a squad. But you can check relatively easily, regardless. Google "my ip", then in powershell run a tracert to that address. Check for 1 line output.

Otherwise you might need to submit an ee.log to support. They might be able to see something in there (firewall issue etc.)

Archived