Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In search of what has come to pass [IC]

AlendasNaro

Miraley is currently doing maintenance on her railjack. Part of her relieved that she had spent so much time on it but, some of her mildly irritated by the amount of work she engages in when she needs to do a maintenance, thankfully the Railjack Cephalon does a lot of it but there is few things she wants to be there for. Not because of unusual reason but prefers to be involved. She has finished the physical part of the maintenance. Now comes the software side of maintenance tedium which is the far more tedious part for her. The mercenary she has made contract with meanwhile has explored almost all of his contacts in search of almost any leads that warrant attention of both or either of them.

This is not the only task he has taken on, Radou had proposed that reserve team would be completely made of humans of same profession, professional but with different specializations. Right after the contract was made, he had sent messages and made few calls to those he specifically wanted. Once he had received answers of where to meet. He started organizing what he has, to be evaluated by Miraley and once more Tenno will arrive. They can start the project properly. After sharing the messages, reports on leads of what Miraley is researching and bringing to attention anything notable. Miraley nodded to Radou 'We can soon get started. Now we unfortunately have to wait until team grows, I am not taking this on just the two of us' Miraley said slightly saddened that the call, so far, hasn't been answered.

'We all have our limits ma'am. You shouldn't build too high expectations, while this is outside of my area of comfort. It will incorporate elements of military operations which is something, I am far more used to.' Radou said with an emphasis on caution and patience. 'We are going to need all the time we currently have.' Radou said with weight on prioritization of preparedness 'So, what are you suggesting we should do while we wait? Mercenary' Miraley replied with slight impatience, not of disrespect towards Radou, instead annoyed about current situation 'We could prepare demonstration clips commander, of what I can do either on the field or base utility. It would reduce the amount of time required on introductions and training' Radou said with professional and formal tone.

Miraley thought a while, creating a moment of silence between the two. Mercenary and Tenno 'It does make sense Radou, I need to ask, when did you get that new armor?' Miraley replied 'Well, friend of mine in Corpus contacted me, knowing my gear is quite outdated outside of firearms. Offer was as follows, dissuade or kill the few important people who are interested on his small enterprise and together with his team and me, we made this' Radou said while looked at his armor, not factory new even with slight hints of shine can be seen but certainly field tested extensively but not battle damaged or scarred. Expected wear and tear definitely. He also turned to show front, sides and behind.

'Looks better than the old, even if ruggedness suits a professional soldier like you like money attracts any Corpus' Miraley said with slight concern but this partly in Radou's ears, it sounded like slightly like discontent towards the partnership. 'Well, he wouldn't be interested in the project of yours in commerce level, but he certainly would be interested in this project from the angle of curiosity the "What is lie and what is the truth" type. He can be a bit eccentric from the more by the book or first image of imagination of a Corpus' Radou said making it clear he has respect for the individual even if not best of friends.

'Well, I will, obviously. Be the judge of that, although I am curious. Can you ask from him is he able to visit some place where we can meet at some point?' Miraley said starting skeptical but slightly entertaining the idea tone. 'I will ask at some point, but don't set the bar too high. I think it is quite obvious that, Corpus like to get into other's business' Radou said with realistic tone 'Hmm... True.' Miraley said with blank tone. 'Can you brief me on the people you want be in the human team?' Miraley asked sounding a bit more curious of this than previous topic 'I have a need for an individual with aptitude for tech but of higher than human own in general. He handles Corpus tech like I handle Grineer tech but still good for field with different skill set compared to me' Radou said.

Miraley nodded but Radou had tough time on identifying whether it was of approval or acknowledgement 'Second individual I recommend for the team, I know can keep the group in a good grip. Makes sure that we perform at the satisfactory level, makes sure people are tight lipped about this and makes sure people who are not fan of mercenaries are not going to be able to find reasons to complain about us' Radou said, Miraley yet again nodded in the same way as previously 'Last person I need is skilled in demolitions and tactical necessity of explosives are going to be very important in the field and has some contacts which are going to be either hit or miss. Which is why I think he would be beneficial for this project' Radou said.

'Anything else?' Miraley asked blankly 'At this moment, no. Because these three would make human portion of this team... At least good quality as reserve or utility team' Radou said 'Understood, let's go make that demonstration video' Miraley said sounding slightly excited about it. 'Lead the way commander' Radou said.

Archived