Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Ground Nightwave Change

MCUA

This week (09/06/2022) I started doing the Nightwave challenges. One of which is the 'High Ground' challenge, which is to complete 3 Void Flood missions. To get progress for this challenge, you have to do one rotation then extract. 

To me this feels counterintuitive. I feel the goal for this challenge is for players to play Void Flood, which it does accomplish now. However I think it is a slow challenge that could be streamlined. As of now, you have to extract to get one level of progession. A more streamlined approach would be to make it "Seal 9 Void Fissures", similar to the Incarnon weapons challenge. This gets players in the mission and it also encourages them to stay for rotation rewards. It also makes the process way faster.

this touches uppon another issue i highlighted in another thread about the new extraction system.

imo, this objective should be "seal 12 fissures". why? Because the game is set up in a way that 99% of the time that you're staying longer than 1 rotation, you want to stay till C rotation. Because that's where all the "good" rewards are. teaching players to only do AAB and leave when C is right around the corner, isnt a good solution imo.

and since players that dont know about the extraction console will just afk in the lift, people that actually WANT to stay for 4 rotations will be screwed in public games if they decide to leave after 9 fissures.

Archived