Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The current relic system and burn out

(XBOX)Nightseid

So DE is moving void fissures to steel path. As prime chaser, I'm not sure that's worth it. I mean why would play a harder mission the same reward I get on a normal one? I don't mind challenge but if I'm farming for parts I don't see the payoff to play a longer and harder mission.

The current relic system burns me out because the most effective way to get relics is to play old maps then play void fissure missions to open these relics, which spawn on old maps too. This usually means I am not playing newer content. So after while I just get tired of the game and put it down, whether I get the items I was looking for or not.  

Personally I wish DE would eliminate the need of having to play a second mission to crack open a relic and simply let us open these items by pouring in void traces at the relic terminals.

I'm not entirely how it could be implemented. The simplest idea is to have Relics randomly rewarded at the end of mission, like it is in the current system, but traces drop by high level enemies like eximus units - with higher level enemies dropping my traces. Obviously players would stock pile in this method unless DE keeps the void cap or...

If that's too easy then have the entire planet be hit with a "void storm" so every node is a fissure mission, including the plains, orb valis, etc. They have been part of the game for a while now. So player can collect traces by killing corrupted enemies. Again void cap to avoid stock piling.

I have shared two "simple" ways to implement a relic system that does require a second mission to crack the relics. There is probably more that the community can think of, which I love to hear! 

Added...

I think nightwave should also offer relic packs in exchange for Nora credit. Her offerings have gotten to a point where I have everything she has to offer and relic packs will the one thing I can continuously buy while just playing the game.

Archived