Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS5- [Resolved?] Melee attacks warping player to target

(PSN)Reidryn

Started on Veilbreaker launch day

all on Adaro, tried on E-Prime, I not sure if it happened there

Seems like random melee attacks are warping me to target, kinda like how archwing melee works

Since it's happening randomly, I thought maybe network latency since big update today?

Will report again if still happening in next few days and update this if needed.

Ok, after 2 forma, a stance forma, Orthos Prime and Guandau Prime, and much testing in multiple locations and planets, I'm am now certain there is a polearm issue happening, perhaps due to stance mod. The above two mods are definitely causing the jump forward effect, but not the Towering Spire (I think it's called) polearm mod.

I cannot reproduce effect with other weapons, but may not have gotten to one that will.

I'm just guessing here, but I believe issue may be the hitboxes on polearms, with those stances, and continuous forward movement, you will occasionally get hung on an enemy till the hitbox connects and the game engine with recalculate your position to where it thinks you should be before you got hung on an enemy, maybe? Like I said, just guessing.

Will update if I come across a weapon other than a polearm that's causing this.

On 2022-09-08 at 11:55 PM, Uhkretor said:

... I'm just going to ask this, since I believe it'll help DE to root out the cause, because I think you simply forgot to mention it...

... Do you have all Melee accessibility assistance options disabled?

Checked again, you were kinda correct. Not under accessibility, but apparently "align attacks to camera" under controller was causing it.

Turned that off and it stopped happening.

Still wonder if that's a bug, I've always had that option specifically on, other melee (melee w/fire weapon, melee auto target, camera tracks melee) have always been off.

Archived