Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Rive--errr... I mean Archon Shards

Lutesque

So I finally Built My Archon Shard Segment and what do I see....

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

5 Archon Shard Slots !!!

Not Only That... But after Slotting in my First Shard.... I went to go Preview the Next One and:

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Discovered you can not Only Stack the Same Shard but Also the Exact Same Stat that was used on the Previous Shard....

Not Gonna Lie... This Feels like an Eggregious Amount Of Power Creep..... 

Don't Get Me Wrong.... It's Not The Power That Worries me.... It's The Measures You are Putting into Negating and Subverting this Increased Power That's the Problem as we can Already See with The Newly Added Archon Hunts with All it's Restrictions and Exceptions..... @Silligoose already Gave some Feedback about this When we Heard about the Single Target Weapon Buffs to Head Shot Damage..... Yeah... This.... This is Way Worse Than That.... Much Worse.... I'm Willing to Bet you haven't Even Programmed these Things not To Work During Dog Days or the Grendel Farms yet....

Oh But There's More.... Based on the Number Of Possible Combinations and that you are Limited to 1 Shard per Week.... It's Going to Take 5 Weeks to Fully Socket a Single Warframe and a Whopping 25 Weeks To Be Able to Tryout Any Combination you Want on just a Single Warframe..... That's Literally Half a Year's Worth of Farming.... And that's Assuming the Archon Sorties cycle Over all three Shard Types Evenly without Repeating (which I'm pretty Sure they won't.... I know you love RNG way too Much)....

but-wait-theres-more.gif

This Specific Grind Is Just Oozing with FOMO.... I can Feel it Creeping up My Spine and Nagging at my Brain "If you miss One Week.... That Shard is gone.... FOREVER 😱" !!!

Like.... Imagine what The YouTube Videos are going to Be Like 5 Weeks From Now when all the Content Creators are just Permanently More Powerful than The players who Just Came Back From a Break with Literally no Hope of Ever Catching Up.... Yes they can Also Play for 5 Weeks to Fully Socket their Frames but by the time they Do that The Content Creators will be on the Next Level with More Duplicate Shards to Stack Bonuses.... And then Imagine how much Worse it's going to be if you to Start Balancing the Game Around the players who have The Shard Enhanced Setups leaving all the players who don't to just Cope....

It Gets Even Worse as Time Goes on and Those Players get The Primed Shards (I'm not Going to bother with your Fancy Pants Names) that Offer the 50% Bonus like the One I have in The Screen Shot Above....

50% seems Aggressive.... My Ivara now Has 500 Total Armor Because Of this Upgrade and that's just from a Single Shard.... As the Weeks Go By I can Go up to 800 or Even over 1000 Armor if I get Super Lucky again...

I mean.... Is That Even fair....  Everybody Did the Exact Same Archon Hunt that I did.... They Suffered Just As Much As I Did....they persevered and Triumphed just as Well As I did.... But I get a Whopping 50% Better Reward because "Reasons" ? And here's the Kicker.... There's Absolutely Nothing They Can Do About it.... NOTHING ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How Is That Fair ? 

You Just Added a Gigantic Load of Power Creep and FOMO in a Single Update.... I'm genuinely Afraid of what you are Going to do to Enemies to Counter Act these Changes and the Effect it's Going to Have on the Returning Players who have to Play for 25 Weeks Or More Just To Catch Up....

Please DE....do Something about this Right Now before Player Investments Set in...  I'm Begging you !!!

Archived