Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Dojo Mission Thread (but with a twist)

(NSW)Probably_Asleep

TL;DR

• Please let The Lotus move into our Dojos
  • Give us missions to keep her safe
  • Let us interact with her like other faction NPCs
  • The lore, mechanics, and incentives are outlined below

I'm by no means the first person throwing this idea out there, and it's apparently a pretty controversial topic, but please hear me out:

We're a small clan (Me, 2 that have primary accounts on other consoles, and my wife who plays for my sake). I've built 98/128 rooms, and I love my floorplan. But I want all my work to matter. Yes, I could advertise and recruit. But I don't want lose the "clubhouse" feel. So with all that as a backstory, I've thought a lot about what the next phase in Dojos could be. And I have a fan-fic of sorts:

Spoiler

After the New War events, it was clear the the Lotus' secret base of operations had been compromised. And so...

The Lotus, seeing that you've helped to advanced your clan to level 5 and built at least one of every kind of room (except for barracks), decides to ask you for a favor. She can't hide any longer, and she needs a place to operate out of. She would like to set up inside your dojo. It's a decision not to be taken lightly, however. All high-ranking members of the clan must unanimously approve. But if they do, then she will give you a blueprint for two new clan rooms.

The first room is a landing craft launch bay. You can see yours and some present clan members' docked there. But in times of emergency, the room will act as an extraction point.

The second is The Lotus Chamber. A large room with containment capsules that the Lotus can operate out of and run experiments in.

When you build the blueprints, you will be able to create just one of each of these rooms in your dojo, and as soon as you do The Lotus will move in. Out of gratitude for making a home for her, she will reward you with a unique gear item that allows you to ask her to repeat what she just said, and by opening a shop in your dojo.

Spoiler

Seeing as The Lotus is a Sentient

She needs raw materials to help heal from her own battles as well as to strengthen her abilities so she can be of more use to you during missions. Her shop acts as a materials exchange. You can spend rare to get lots of common, or spend lots of common to get rare. The Lotus will change the material exchange pair daily. She'll take a tax out of each exchange for her own needs, but this will help her enhance her own abilities. As she grows stronger, she'll be able to assist you more in your missions. For example, she can increase the precision of her perception and instruments, helping to narrow down locations for hidden caches on sabotage missions. Or like in the Awakening mission, she can supercharge your Warframe to give you an extra revive on a mission. She knows you're going out of your way to make a place for her, so she'll definitely help you out however she can.

But there's a risk that The Lotus can't in good conscience hide from you. In the time the Tenno were dormant, The Lotus made several enemies, and they all want her gone. If you let her stay in your dojo, then you will surely be putting yourself and your clanmates at risk. Without knowing all the plans of the enemy, she can already think of at least four things that will happen, should you accept her request:

First, the dojo itself will surely come under attack. Despite how well hidden it may have been up until this point, The Lotus knows that her enemies are always searching for her. Former "Assassination" targets may follow you and deploy their troops to the dojo after a mission. So be sure to never go straight to a dojo after an Assassination type mission unless you're ready for an extermination mission.

Second, if you're currently battling a Kuva Lich or a Sister of Parvos, then they will not hesitate to attack your dojo in hopes of taking The Lotus hostage, imprisoning her in her own containment capsules to draw you out. You'll need to rescue her and get her to extraction so she can be kept safe while the dojo gets cleaned out.

Third, the enemy will likely send an assassination team to intercept you on your Railjack missions. They know that your Railjack often goes back to your dojo, and the enemy has made use of cloning technology to build (albeit inferior) copies of your Warframe. They will attempt to kill you and take your place, impersonating you to get into the dojo.

Finally, because your dojo moves about on the surface of the void, the Man in the Wall will be able to watch our operations more closely and even try to interfere. An Imposter Lotus may give you dangerous instructions during your mission, and you will need to be on guard to discern the real from the fake so as not to fall into his trap. (Using the gear item to have The Lotus repeat her last transmission, which should sync up with the instruction she just gave you)

Fortunately, low ranking members of the clan will not be affected by these risks. Our enemies do not pay them enough attention to know about their affiliations. But these risks will apply to all high ranking members, which is why only they can access the rewards that go with it.

Please decide by carefully weighing out your options. You can always evict The Lotus if you change your mind. She will understand and do her best not to let it affect how she speaks to you during future missions.

...So yes. I want dojo missions. But I also want a fully interactable Lotus NPC, a new shop in the dojo, mission qol boosts, and new challenges. And I want the dojos to become canon. A story like the one above could introduce our dojos to the main storyline, add a lot of interesting angles to take the story, and let us see more Lotus.

To DE: I officially relinquish any and all rights to the above story so long as it's your team that takes it over. I will not demand credit. I only want a Lotus in my dojo and a chance to defend her.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running out of things to add to my Dojo floorplan. I've built at least one of each room, and I've connected all doors (except for the doors I've reserved for barracks and the two new rooms I've proposed above). I still have room coloring to do, and decorations, but those aren't as exciting to me as the floorplan and utility of the complex.

So I'm bumping this in the miniscule hope that a bored DE Creative Designer will see it and think it's the best idea ever.

And I do think it's a great idea, honestly. Imagine the pride and attention people would put into their Dojo's if they knew they could bring their squad along and run a mission there. And imagine the community response if we could actually bring The Lotus into our creation and interact with her.

Just a somewhat related side note:

One complication I could see being raised in regards a dojo mission would be decorations. I'm guessing enemies would have trouble path-finding around custom decorations. But that problem has already been resolved in the quest: The Second Dream

Spoiler

When returning to your Orbiter to place your Operator in the new location, all your decorations are conveniently gone.

I'm guessing the same mechanic would work for this.

Archived