The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Apparently The New Warframe Has My Name In It....

Valkyrion

if you've watched the new Update 11 highlight there's a new female warframe called "Valkyr".....
oh god why my name :( yeah i know my name and that warframe probably comes from the word "Valkyrie"...

so i don't mean it to be my trademark or something but is there someway to change my player name? i just don't want people see me without a Valkyr warframe but having a "Valkyr" in & as my name... cuz Loki is my waifu :3

also why must it be a female warframe ;_;

i pretty much won't be making this topic if the warframe is a male..

it feels like the pride of having my name is gone..... huehuehue...

--------

or maybe i have a request for the devs to change the warframe name!

if not then i will feel like i'm a girl playing warframe ;_;

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS GENDER CHANGE?!?!    *sobs*

Edited by Valkyrion

thank you guys for opening my mind.... yes somehow i love badass females :D

but somehow the way you guys encourage me is making me feel more like i'm an actual female ;_;

Feel like a man, man!

Go out and pillage some villages, eat a tree, burn a pony!

Your name is basically derrived from Valkyrie which is a figure in Norse mythology that is pretty much exclusively female in all her depictions. So just because the Warframe is female doesn't change the fact that you chose a name linking you to a woman. Additionally this is the video game section of the internet so the automatic assumption of most people is that you are male no matter what your name is.

Long story short: DE chose a name that fits, you did not.

You COULD pay a fee and change your alias though.

NO the name Valkyr doesn't fit a berserker type being :/ valkyries are the guardians of the remnants of valhalla, they are silent, they have wings too..

also I name my profile back before the open beta starts so i dunno who have the rights here....

Your name is basically derrived from Valkyrie which is a figure in Norse mythology that is pretty much exclusively female in all her depictions. So just because the Warframe is female doesn't change the fact that you chose a name linking you to a woman. Additionally this is the video game section of the internet so the automatic assumption of most people is that you are male no matter what your name is.

You COULD pay a fee and change your alias though.

nothing to add, except:

In Norse mythology

, a *valkyrie* (from Old Norse

"valkyrja" "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who decide which soldiers die in battle and which live. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddessFreyja

's afterlife field Fólkvangr

), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla

, ruled over by the god Odin

. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar

. When the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök

, the valkyries bear them mead

. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens

, and sometimes connected to swans

or horses.

Names are really a string of symbolic characters that we attech meaning to.  Culture chagnes those meaning over time. So I really don't see that big of a problem with Valkyr as the name of a beserker frame. 

btw, Valkyrion looks and sounds like the masculine form of Valkyrie.

NO the name Valkyr doesn't fit a berserker type being :/ valkyries are the guardians of the remnants of valhalla, they are silent, they have wings too..

also I name my profile back before the open beta starts so i dunno who have the rights here....

Perhaps she's named after the drug called by the same name: Valkyr.

Taken from the wiki:

"Valkyr, also known either as V or VD, is a designer drug created by the U.S. Government in Project Valhalla and, after the project's cancellation, secretly manufactured by the Aesir Corporation.

Valkyr was originally intended to be a performance-enhancing drug used by the military. The substance then became illegal and found itself sold on the black market as a highly addictive recreational drug. Valkyr, colored green, is shown to be consumed via an injection and is found in syringes.

Physical and mental effects of taking valkyr include nausea, long and vivid hallucinations, and partial to total mental deterioration."

...Okay, this isn't a real substance. But if anyone knows what game this came from without looking it up, I'll give you a cookie.

if you've watched the new Update 11 highlight there's a new female warframe called "Valkyr".....

oh god why my name :( yeah i know my name and that warframe probably comes from the word "Valkyrie"...

so i don't mean it to be my trademark or something but is there someway to change my player name? i just don't want people see me without a Valkyr warframe but having a "Valkyr" in & as my name... cuz Loki is my waifu :3

--------

how sexist. You do t deserve a name change

From one of the tenno's post: A valkyrie...is one of a host of female figures who decide which soldiers die in battle and which live. 

From that I find it slightly fitting to name the Berserker Valkyr since she'll be deciding that all enemies of the Tennoes should die and save the allies. But my only problem with this name is that Valkyr sounds too regal and majestic for a berserker. 

Edited by BloodCarnival

--------

Sorry man but the lie test determined that you are indeed a woman

please pick up your feminine hygiene products at the next available convenient store

Alias Change Cost = 200 Platinum 

You may change your Alias as often as you like. The cost of changing your Alias is 200 Platinum each time.

Changing your Alias will take effect immediately on Warframe.com, Forums, support and in-game including Friends Lists. If you don’t see your Alias change immediately upon submission completion, please log out and log back into the website.