Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Deimos Bounty and its rewards

Harutomata

I was thinking about getting a Saxum Spittle for some very niche builds and for the sake of completion, but I have to say, it's more of an ordeal than a challenge.
The bounty itself is not difficult at all but there are some issues which make this way worse than it's supposed to be.

First of all, why is there no option to spawn both Excavators at the same time if I can handle it like in normal excavation missions? This effectively makes the bounty takes twice as long without providing a bigger challenge. And this doesn't scale with more players well either. It's designed in a way that if you don't run a 4 man squad, you're gonna take twice as long for no particular reason. Giving the player an option to increase the difficulty a bit to make things go faster would be a healthy game design.

Then let's talk a bit about how the rewards are designed. The mod is on C rotation. There are AABC rotations, but unlike normal excavations, this means you only get A rewards for 3x2 drills, then again A rewards for 3x2 drills, then B rewards for 3x2 drills, then you get to C. You know how much time it takes to get there? 40 minutes or so, if the mobs which drop the power cells randomly decide they're not in mood to spawn.

Then if it's a rare mode in particular you're after, you get 3x 2,5% chance to get the item you want, which is a 1/40 chance. I think I don't need to calculate the probability to give you an idea how absurd is that, and how much time you could possibly waste expecting it to probably drop.
Oh and the bonus objectives for some reason don't provide you with a bonus roll, otherwise I could have say 4x 2,5% chance, which would be slightly less atrocious, but still atrocious. Why don't the bonus objectives provide you with a bonus roll?
(While there's one more way to get Saxum Spittle, it drops by a rarely spawned mob, by 0,2% chance, which is not a reliable way to farm it.)

I know some people are going to tell me that complaining about this is useless, and I should just deal with it, but I believe this is something worthy of criticism.

The other day Warframe asked me if the game respects the time I invest in it, and while I enjoy the game overall, things like this is the exact reason why I'd push the "No" button on that question.

Archived