The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Update 11 Questions Megathread

Ganpot

Why is Volt's overload instant cast now?

It has no prolonged animation and the damage doesn't tick anymore it only hits once and then dissipates costing the same amount of energy. (unconfirmed?)

My testing showed that Volt's Overload does still deal damage in pulses, but they are much quicker now (1-2 seconds total).  The major change is that (as you said) Overload is instant-cast and does not lock Volt into a long animation.  I believe that this was done consciously by DE (since they have said for months that Volt needed a buff), but I will add it to the list anyway. 

Soma crit nerf intended?

In all likelihood the Soma nerf is intentional.  I'll add it to the list as well. 

How are melee special attacks (charge/slide/jump etc) affected by the new dmg types (pierce/impact/slash)

Truthfully, I don't think anyone knows yet.  The way they are handled in the UI is confusing, and it will take at least until tomorrow for people to really test it thoroughly. 

Heres my question.

What S#&$ servers are they using for people to download this patch from?

I started playing DURING the Gradivus event and it took me all of like 20minutes to download and install this game (from nothing to running) with all its patches to that date.  Now with this patch im lucky to hit 100kb/s downloading...what the hell happened?

EDIT: As a side note, I ran a speedtest on east coast USA, West Coast, Central and overseas (hit 10 different places randomly after USA W/C/E and England) and not a single one was below 25mb down and 10mb up.  So this is frustrating to me.

Edited by Disregard

My testing showed that Volt's Overload does still deal damage in pulses, but they are much quicker now (1-2 seconds total).  The major change is that (as you said) Overload is instant-cast and does not lock Volt into a long animation.  I believe that this was done consciously by DE (since they have said for months that Volt needed a buff), but I will add it to the list anyway.

Thanks for that explanation, that puts a major smile on my face.

Edited by Loufly

Heres my question.

What S#&$ servers are they using for people to download this patch from?

I started playing DURING the Gradivus event and it took me all of like 20minutes to download and install this game (from nothing to running) with all its patches to that date.  Now with this patch im lucky to hit 100kb/s downloading...what the hell happened?

My first assumption would be that the servers are really stressed right now because everyone is downloading a significantly sized patch simultaneously.  If you downloaded the game during the middle of the Gradivus event, then the vast majority of people had already updated (and therefore weren't using the servers as much). 

Can you please elaborate on that?  Is the Synapse + Electric Shield combo simply less effective than before, or are you saying that using Electric Shield actually makes the Synapse worse?  Also, can you give me at least a ballpark estimate of how much the effectiveness has been reduced?  Lastly, are you sure that this nerf involves Electric Shield at all, and isn't just due to a massive Synapse nerf? 

i guess electric shield also nerfed, weapon like ogris and raptor wont damage volt with shield before. now in update 11 i got hit too when hiding behind the shield against ogris and raptor