Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Eidolon Hunting

(XBOX)Player244024418

On 2022-11-18 at 5:48 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

This is the stuff that gets me...boom, mission o.v.e.r. with 40m left at night.

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/37KV9FANZ3

After this, I tried to exit and go back in a dozen or more times. Everytime I was rejected. Tried solo, public, etc. Finally, with like 12m left of night I turned off the console. 

just a suggestion - if you didn't want to leave with them and were going to finish it solo, you had a full 60 seconds of countdown timer where you could have chosen the "leave squad" option and carried on without getting sucked out with them.  If you were not host, the only downside is all the lures would be "parked" even if they were originally yours - and you just have to go back and tell them to follow. (occasionally they'll be totally glitched and won't do anything and you have to get new ones).

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

just a suggestion - if you didn't want to leave with them and were going to finish it solo, you had a full 60 seconds of countdown timer where you could have chosen the "leave squad" option and carried on without getting sucked out with them

You're saying if I said "leave squad" the doors would have opened for me and I could resume the hunt? Everytime I select leave squad I am taken back into Cetus. (But I'm also at the end of the mission). I didn't know that and will keep that in mind than k you for the tip

On 2022-11-23 at 2:23 PM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

You're saying if I said "leave squad" the doors would have opened for me and I could resume the hunt? Everytime I select leave squad I am taken back into Cetus. (But I'm also at the end of the mission). I didn't know that and will keep that in mind than k you for the tip

you have to leave squad BEFORE you get sucked into extraction.

When you see "players are waiting" message, then you just leave squad.  If you are sucked into the hallway, its too late.

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

You have to leave squad BEFORE you get sucked into extraction

What's the benefit of that? I didn't want to extract or leave the squad. I wanted to finish hunting the eidolon. I don't understand why anyone would just leave squad like that. If I left said I would no longer be in PoE would I? Nor would I be able to resume the hunt. Plus I would like to hunt with the randos. It's fun being the strongest player in the group and teaching noobs what to do.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

teaching noobs what to do.

then go read a guide on eidolon hunting.

If you want to do an eidolon with randos, do the bounty. I know its a shocking idea, but not everybody is in the PoE for eidolons.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

What's the benefit of that? I didn't want to extract or leave the squad. I wanted to finish hunting the eidolon. I don't understand why anyone would just leave squad like that. If I left said I would no longer be in PoE would I? Nor would I be able to resume the hunt. Plus I would like to hunt with the randos. It's fun being the strongest player in the group and teaching noobs what to do.

in the clip you posted it clearly says "2 Players waiting for you".  That is your queue to  leave squad (not leave mission/quit/etc) if you don't want to get sucked into extraction.  There are other options BESIDES leave squad that would kick you back to cetus or your orbiter.  So the benifit is you could have finished hunting the eidolon.  Not sure what the confusion is.

You could have finished the fight after having done so.  If you leave squad on PoE, you are still on plains of eidolon.

as for "I would like to hunt with randos" they clearly didn't want to continue, hence they were leaving and no interest in getting taught.

6 hours ago, Mazifet said:

then go read a guide on eidolon hunting.

If you want to do an eidolon with randos, do the bounty. I know its a shocking idea, but not everybody is in the PoE for eidolons.

I do the bounties but they don't come up often. I use the bounties for 1x3. If the new guys don't want to hunt Eidolons they probably shouldn't congregate around me and the eidolon then. Therefore it seems they want to do it, judging by the fact they are shooting at it too.

After all they can do their own thing if they weren't interested 

Archived