The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon issues

Scar.brother.help.me

Not sure if this is the right Subforum or is it more like a weapon, but anyway, here are the issues of Parazon that I hope DE will notice:

1. it needs the 3rd raw for QoL: 
Requiem - Hacking - Mercy

It will be more comfortable and not op in any way, these mods work completely independently
(I guess there is nothing to disagree about)

2. whatever is not a 100% - buff it to 100% or just delete it:
Blood for Energy is the best example - 100% would be cool to have [Energy Conversion] + [Power Drain] at the same time for some builds to get +100 str for your next cast after performing a mercy kill;
Auto Breach maybe ok as there is a 30% chance to auto hack for free (unreliable anyway, u don't hack consoles constantly to care about that 30% chance);
Failsafe should be just a 100% second try (just +1 attempt)
(I've never seen a case where those 50%, 30% impact my gameplay at all, it has to be reliable or it's nothing)

3. Performing Mercy kills is a very hard and unreliable task unless you u do a lich hunt and thralls are waiting for mercy.
it is somewhat possible against heavy units like (Corrupted) Heavy Gunners/Bombards but still hard if you don't play solo and good if you can proc some Impact to rise the mercy threshold and bleed procs help, but when it comes to lighter units like Corpus enemies and whatever light units - it is nearly impossible - their sheilds are harder to damage than their health, hp bars are very small, they don't live even half a second when out of shields and you expect us to mercy them after some health threshold? DE, please, try it yourself sometime instead of thousand words. 
Eximus Units are even worse - if you get a heavy unit - it is kinda ok since you remove overguard and get the same heavy unit to deal with, but if Eximus is a light enemy - by the time you remove overguard - they die extremely fast. Even more to it - seems like they get all the procs (slash, heat, etc) that damage overguard much less, but as soon as you remove overguard - procs instakill that enemy (if not your team mates do it faster).

In my opinion - only eximus units should be viable for mercy and fall on their knee for at least some seconds at 0 HP. (other heavy units may do so as well, but there would be too many kneeling enemies around i think, so Eximus is enough and will at least make dealing with them more rewarding)   

/discuss (defend what is now :D)

I also guess DE implemented those mercy kills having in mind that players will perform it to kill those heavy enemies faster, but the reality is that it is much, much, MUCH easier and faster to just kill this heavy enemy with guns to 0 hp than trying to "finish it faster by mercy killing".
So mercy is not a reword by itself, it's just an additional action that has to pay off in some other ways to bother doing it. Mercy mods help, I like having +50 str form [power drain] before I put new motes with my Wisp. And this is THE ONLY reason I bother with mercy in the game at all.

Maybe a threshold on Overguard would be more reasonable to kill them faster? (as an option)

Archived