Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War just made me uninstall after 7 years playing (MR30)

ArxDurusMaximus

How many pathos speeches here, oh. I'm going to similarly unsubscribe on the Dark Souls forum that the developers do not respect my crooked hands and did not make the game mode with immortality. Potentially lost income.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If you've played any video game in the last ten years there are waaayyyy harder games and challenges than the New War Quest. Most people just don't have the patience to actually play something that gives them even a slight challenge anymore.

That may well be, but that wasn't what I alluded to. I only said that there's nothing like those Archon fights with the drifter in the whole Warframe game.

For example, I don't play any Souls games, if that's what you refer to. I know my limits.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If you've played any video game in the last ten years there are waaayyyy harder games and challenges than the New War Quest. Most people just don't have the patience to actually play something that gives them even a slight challenge anymore.

I would suggest that while I enjoy both Mario-style platformers and Soulslike games, if I sit down to play a Mario-style platformer I am probably not expecting a Soulslike experience -- and if I'm in the mood for one, the other is probably not what I'm looking for at that particular moment.

And sure, those are wildly different genres... but even within the realm of third-person over-the-shoulder shooters, I expect a very different play experience from Remnant/Remnant 2 than I do from Warframe. Warframe's considerably easier (and also much faster-paced/frenetic), whereas Remnant is all about very precise timing on dodges, counters, and attacks.

I certainly don't think anyone will dispute that there are video games far harder than the New War is. But if I sat down to play Super Mario Brothers Wonder (in October or whenever), I would probably not be looking for a Remnant-esque Soulslike level of difficulty for that particular gaming session. And that's the reason, I think, people are generally bringing up the expectation set by all content up to the New War in terms of the difficulty level and required playstyle, and how the New War differs from that.

It's similar to how some folks -- many of whom, I imagine, did fine with the New War -- complain about Drifter play in Duviri or the Kahl Veilbreaker weekly missions being very different (and sometimes more frustrating) than what they expect in Warframe based on the precedent of all other content in the game. Or, for that matter, how people are so unhappy with the Circuit's randomized loadout options being wildly different than what they expect of Warframe based on all other content in the game.

I don't actually think it's a bad thing when a game tries something new -- I like the Circuit, and I actually kind of enjoy Duviri itself (even if I am getting very tired of the orowyrm fight) -- but I also think it's wholly unsurprising if people who are used to the way the game does everything else bounce off of that new content and feel a bit like "why is this in my game, this is not why I play this game."

And with the Circuit or Duviri, you can choose not to engage with it; with the New War, once you've started, oh, you're gonna engage with it... whether you like it or not.

Archived