The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist quanta RIVEN???

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Never heard of this weapon and I hit Lua for some sentients and boom, riven unlocked. Mutalist quanta? Huh? LOL ok so I search and some 3 yes old reddit threads come up and PEOPLE HUNT EIDOLONS with this MR2 weapon??? 

So, the riven (to me) seems pretty good. Electricity 100%, multi shot 100% and some zoom 60%. 

I'm struggling to build formas, have three new Kuva weapons and just picked Zenith for a gift, and I do have a rubico prime for Eidolons that 2-7 shots limbs and ~10 shots the beast.

Should I bother? Anyone use it before?

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.

5 answers to this question

lol no, definitely never use this for eidolons.

some people just do meme builds to see how far they  can buff garbage weapons.

the only good thing this weapon has is a weird altfire that buffs projectiles, which makes for some interesting but niche builds like flechette orb vauban.

also 2-7 shotting eidolons isn't amazing. ideally the limbs should be destroyed in 1 shot. meta rn and probably forever is a volt with shock trooper augment and eclipse helminth'd over his 4. get to 254% strength via blind rage and transient fortitude or blind rage and umbral vitality and umbral intensify.

recently the tenet plinx has been added which is super strong, and allows for easy 1 shotting of the eidolon limbs with just shocktrooper active.

other good choices include the vectis prime with the -mag +reload corrupted mod and primed chamber, lanka, kuva chakkhurr, and zenith if you are really min maxing stuff

edit: as for the actual riven, its usable but definitely reroll it if you insist on getting this weapon.

3 hours ago, Mazifet said:

also 2-7 shotting eidolons isn't amazing. ideally the limbs should be destroyed in 1 shot. meta rn and probably forever is a volt with shock trooper augment and eclipse helminth'd over his 4. get to 254% strength via blind rage and transient fortitude or blind rage and umbral vitality and umbral intensify

Thx for these tips !

Edit: someone in a squad mentioned eclipse. I should get my helminth going. 

Mutalist quanta was used for eidolons specifically for its alt fire in off-meta setups. I would not recommend anyone use it unless you've been comfortably hunting eidolons for a long time. If you're looking for an eidolon weapon, use Rubico Prime or the new Perigale.

28 minutes ago, --ZeRo-- said:

Mutalist quanta was used for eidolons specifically for its alt fire in off-meta setups

I have rubico prime. I did already buy the BP so i will level it for the MR points and have some fun with a new gun. No biggie. I just didn't want to waste formas. I might out one on it just to get it to max for the riven to check it out. Thx

Archived