The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bramma Buildout

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Wondering what improvements can be made here: 

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.

I don't have any additional arcanes and will up the level on primary merciless and primary dexterity as I get them. They are both the same level. Due to ammo and play style (I like hacking with my dual keres prime and building up the combo now that I've been shown how to do that) and switching to the bramma (or ogris) to do some AoE (when Lima beans show up in arbitrations or an osprey is protecting a group). The difference between merciless and dexterity is not noticeable to me, at least at the arcane levels I possess currently. The Bramma usually needs two shots to take out a Lima bean. I know a couple more forma are helpful.

Are there any mods that would help the Bramma? I don't have all the mods so I could hunt some of them down. 

I know the Ogris benefits from some Napalm mod from a boss on Sedna that I haven't gotten yet. Is there a good Bramma mod?

12 answers to this question

I would replace heavy caliber. You already have 3 instances of base damage: serration, heavy caliber and primary merciless. Since they're additive and not multiplicative, it has significant diminishing returns the more you stack. In its place, I would put hunter munitions. You can probably get it for around 10p on warframe.market from another player. It gives a chance to make the target bleed on critical hits and scales really far into endgame. Another option instead of heavy caliber would be a bane mod, like Bane of Grineer (there's one for each faction). The bonus may seem small at 30%, but it's actually a multiplicative bonus, not additive. So it'll give you more bang for your buck. The downside is having to replace it everytime you're fighting a different faction (corpus, infestation, corrupted). 

You may also consider either unlocking your exilus slot and putting a 'vigilante supplies' or 'rifle ammo mutation' there, or even replacing your heavy caliber or vigilante armaments for one of those. You may lose a bit of damage, but it'll make your life a LOT easier in terms of maintaining your ammo pickup and not running out of ammo. 

Finally, I'd consider changing your weapon element for toxin at some point. That way you can drop malignant force to fit one of the mods I mentioned above or even a (primed) firestorm for more area of damage. 

24 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I would put hunter munitions

I do have HM. I thought that would not work bc you needed multiple shots to proc and due to bramma's low ammo I didn't employ it. I'll try that. 

I do also have the prime bane mods but they have not been fully leveled yet due to the insane amount of Endo required for all these mods. Just haven't reached those levels yet.

Vigilante Supplies has evaded me. I never see it in Konzus rotation. One day it will pop up when hopefully I have some time to farm it successfully.

Doesn't sound like I was too far off. If I ever get another bramma I'll consider the change in progenitor status. I'll try your mod suggestions next session thanks!

7 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

unlocking your exilus slot

.HM didn't do anything that was noticeable on Lua Prey or an arbi run. Same feel to the damage to enemies. I did open up the exilus slot and went with two galvanized mods on the setup. I think this is a bit better. Not earth shattering but better. I'm going to add a forma and upgrade those mods a few points...that should help. any other ideas on this buildout?image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

I took this video of a portion of the test. This is the higher level Luas Prey mission and I deliberately hit the floor at the feet of some enemies. A few times w the last being a direct hit. None die. The AoE damage after a few shots still hasn't taken these guys out. I thought the bramma was awesome at this. Any comments?

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/JJBQZUZYPN

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

That is maybe the worst Bramma build someone could make, why magnetic? No CC and two useless mods with Fanged Fusillade and Gal Apt?

https://overframe.gg/build/new/4245/kuva-bramma/?bs=WzEsNDI0NSw0MCwxLFtbMCwwLDBdLFswLDAsMF0sWzY4OCw1LDBdLFs2MjQsNSwxXSxbNjA5LDEwLDBdLFs2MjUsNSwwXSxbNjExLDEwLDBdLFs1NTIwLDEwLDBdLFs2OTksNSwzXSxbNTUwNSw1LDBdXSxbIjYiLDAuNl1d

This is the core of most builds, swap faction where needed, you can use Crit Delay instead of Point strike and Rime Rounds instead of P Cryo Rounds. Two free mod slot for whatever.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Since I am using it against grineer and fanged fusilade increases slash...but thx. I still need vigilante supplies and it seems key to a good bramma build

Dude, some of this stuff still confuses me and I’m MR28. Listen to @L3512who pointed out the Overframe build, it’s the way to go.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Since I am using it against grineer and fanged fusilade increases slash...but thx. I still need vigilante supplies and it seems key to a good bramma build

You can use Ammo Mutation instead of vigilante supplies, it'll achieve similar results. Makes ammo replenish much better. Also slash is good, but with a crit weapon, you get your slashes through hunter munitions. Fanged fusilade has some uses, but on very specific weapons that are already slash and status based. 

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

.HM didn't do anything that was noticeable on Lua Prey or an arbi run. Same feel to the damage to enemies. I did open up the exilus slot and went with two galvanized mods on the setup. I think this is a bit better. Not earth shattering but better. I'm going to add a forma and upgrade those mods a few points...that should help. any other ideas on this buildout?image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

In terms of elements, if you're going against corpus you can use pure toxin. It'll be much better than magnetic, since it completely bypasses shields and hurts their health with damage over time. Can't go wrong with viral either, it'll amplify your damage against anything and combos really well with hunter munitions to increase the slash tics. 

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Bramma has no innate slash, no matter how hard you try 0 + 120% is still 0, complete waste of a mod slot. Bramma gets slash procs from HM.

3 hours ago, L3512 said:

Bramma has no innate slash

Was wondering why slash didn't show up in the stats. I made some changes, don't have VS still, but yeah it's much better. Noticeable difference in the power of the bramma. Took it to Luas Prey and Zariman 110 exterminate and it did far better. Two shots and a red eximus was gone on Lua (80-90?) and did well in the zariman as well. Went to Cassini to spawn a litch and got a "you will be purged" and as the eximus horde ran toward me one shot and boom gone. Nice. Unfortunately I spawned a 25% weapon. Ugh. 

Archived