Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Individualized skill trees

General_Cairn

After playing this game for awhile ive noticed that all weapons in a category have the same skill trees with nearly the same bonuses.

For example the bronco (a secondary two barreled shotgun) has three skill slots devoted to increasing clip size, while for the sake of balance and flavour of the weapon moding the weapon for clip size or putting a point into these slots doesnt actually increase the clip size. personally i have no problem with this aspect affecting this weapon but the exp put into the weapon and the fact that these skills line infront of mod slots in the trees makes me feel like im wasting a rank for no particular reason.

I suggest that the trees for each weapon should diversify the weapons moreso as they rank up

Snipetron - focuses on damage, crit chance, crit damage, magazine size,

Edited by General_Cairn

so your saying your wanting all weapons to have a special upgrading tech tree *Waves head* no , their is no need for that at this giving time - it might be a good idea and some will agree but for me it sounds like a waste of time if they where to do this , there is nothing wrong with it ATM

so maybe in OBT but for now nope

I believe the main problem here is that certain ugrades for certain weapons are actually useless.

If putting a point in clip size doesnt actually improve the clip size we need to get that fixed.

Obviously!

I'm not a fan of being forced down certain paths but useless skill points shouldnt be allowed to exist.

So at the very least the weapon skill tree upgrades like clip side shouldnt be based on a flat percentage shared by all weapons.

Each tree should be tweaked enough to make sure these upgrades do exactly what they say they do.

Edited by Ronyn

Agreed with the last post, even if the bronco is OP and obviously needs a nerf, it's quite annoying knowing that you have 3-4 useless upgrades on it (I'm not even counting the fire rate upgrades which are pretty useless atm on this particular weapon too).

One thing that you dont think about is balance, even tough it is not bad to have variety when it comes to skill trees, but in this case i dont see the point, as you would be able to make one weapon have exact same stats even tough they were intended to be totally different, thats why there are upgrades that dont affect anything at all, because it would throw the weapons out of balance or would make 2 weapons have the identical features. and you have not even thought about talking about the mods, since thay give you an opportunity to upgrade the weapons the way you like even if you can only put about 3-4 of them on the same weapon, id rather have a variety in arsenal, than have an ak47 and an ak47.

One thing that you dont think about is balance, even tough it is not bad to have variety when it comes to skill trees, but in this case i dont see the point, as you would be able to make one weapon have exact same stats even tough they were intended to be totally different, thats why there are upgrades that dont affect anything at all, because it would throw the weapons out of balance or would make 2 weapons have the identical features. and you have not even thought about talking about the mods, since thay give you an opportunity to upgrade the weapons the way you like even if you can only put about 3-4 of them on the same weapon, id rather have a variety in arsenal, than have an ak47 and an ak47.

Balnce is very important but having upgrades in a tree that dont do anything is a terrible way to acheive it.

seriously, you reach a new level with your weapon and the point you put in does nothing....

even if that results in functional gameplay balance it does not retain that sense of acheivement regardless of what weapon you use.

Making sure that each weapon has that is also a form of game balance.

Either make the upgrade do what it says or replace it with some other upgrade that does what it says.