Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Viable Is Saryn's Contagion Now That Damage 2.0 Is Out?

mcryseria

Question

6 answers to this question

Poison mods do exist for weapons. As for viability, I couldn't say. Through trial & error it seems like elemental effects on weapons is a really unreliable & mostly ineffective way to deliver status ailments. Percentages don't seem to go very high... so low damage high rate of fire stuff seems better to deliver ailments.

In theory direct elemental abilities like Saryn's stuff would be better for it... but I decided a while ago I didn't like Saryn & so she just kinda sits there until I can replace her with Valkyr.

If it's anything like Ember I'd guess not so great. Ember's skills seem to be guaranteed to do elemental damage (persistent and DoT), but I'm not sure if that's part of 2.0 or just Ember doing what she does. I did notice though that fire damage wasn't causing enemies to panic, so Ember's Crowd Control is essentially dead, as she is. I have a fire modded Fang Prime and lit an enemy on fire and it didn't cause panic either. I'm not sure if this is a bug or what.

Hopefully this is stuff that's going to be worked on, because elemental focused warframes like Ember, Saryn & Volt were SUPPOSED to be helped by this change. The experience I've had with my 4 starred Ember has been pretty bad so far. "caster" build and I have a hard time clearing rooms before I die due to no CC and lackluster damage against level 25-30 infested. INFESTED.

Edited by DavidSPD