Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The zariman elevator escape mechanism is a good start, but only a start, and it highlights several other glaring issues:

Insanityman

The early exit/solo exit console in the zariman elevator is wonderful for both sides: those who want to complete nightwave as efficiently as possible, and those farming weapon parts.  

The problem is that so few people know it exists. The issues this creates, especially when nightwave requires people to run different/as many of a specific zariman mission/bounty, is that one player with the awareness of a lemon (doesn't remember using the console during the short tutorials for the missions, and doesn't read chat : yes i explain in chat, yes im far more polite than this post) can pull another one out.  This allows for intentional trolling, and/or unintentional ending of the mission for other players.

This can either be remedied by having the console be the ONLY way out (starting a timer to allow people who joined as a group to remain as a group, but only applying to those who activated the console), or by having there be a slight change to matchmaking, allowing players to select from something like "1) 1 round, 2)hunting for rotC drops, 3)xp farming" type options prior to mission queueing, or by having players be able to opt out of being "peer-dragged" out of mission.

With nightwave LAST week requiring zariman missions, i think i'm averaging 1/3 missions this week are being force quit by root vegetables after the first rotationA. I CAN solo them, but the XP is worse, the on-kill drops are worse(applies to lanthorn farming), and then there is the loss of the social aspect. I also enjoy teaching people how/what goes on in those missions, because for some reason, even after the tutorials, the overwhelming majority of players STILL DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON OR WHAT COUNTS AS A SINGLE ROTATION. 

Turning below average awareness players into active hazards hasn't generally been a warframe issue (void lazer rad procs notwithstanding, but at least its lulzy and usually isolated), until the zariman missions. Having players who are undergeared requiring the occasional revive is manageable, but having the presence of other players actively hinder missions progress isn't cool or fun.  Wether it's people dragging others out of mission early, or SUMMONING SKITTERGIRL ON MISSIONS WHERE SPLITTING UP IS EMPHASIZED BY MISSION/LOOT-for-rep MECHANICS, or summoning skittergirl at extraction; only to leave and have her target someone playing the objective, means other players are now more of a hazard to mission completion/enjoyment than the mechanics themselves.

Having a 1v3vObjective is not good design, at least not without a proper tutorial about the consequences of misbehaviour (which doesn't exist). 

Host migrations losing loot haven't been an issue (for me) for some time, but they do remove the buffs from the lohk statues, while still keeping the cooldown sometimes, and the "next activation buff" text refuses to update.

-------------------

In short, let players opt out, in some way, of being dragged out of mission by others.

Delete skittergirl(or at least have her drop more vitoplast than she steals for some risk/reward calculations), and probably rupture decay, as they are anti fun, especially when most of the team is reliably assumed to have no idea whats going on (newbs hoarding vitoplast, or holding on to it unintentionally while looking for plumes). 

Improve the tutorials explaining the zariman missions, their mechanics (and priorities of mechanics), and their loot rotations. 

Until the dragging people out of mission against their will is remedied, removing any mission where part of the team can actively ruin it for others needs to be removed from the nightwave mission table.

Some of the features of the grasp of lohk statues break on host migration. 

Totally agree about there being more clue about the elevator terminal, I don't know if it was ever mentioned in game but I didn't know about it for at least a month.

When it comes to how people interact with it I feel that there should be

• Non hosts still get to leave instantly but with a bit more notification that someone has left
  • In the event of the host accessing it... Instead of just yeeting everyone directly into a host migration... it should instead trigger a prominent 30 second (instead of the standard 60s from half the team being at extraction) countdown to host migration (if the host does not leave the extraction zone). At least that gives people some decent warning and a chance to avoid getting potentially yeeted into a cycle of multiple host migrations before they can finally leave themselves.

I think hitting that unlucky host migration stack was probably the worst thing about the Z and making it so the host can't just insta disconnect (while still allowing them to solo extract) would go a long way to curbing that scenario. 

For bounties it does seem a bit strange that once the objectives are complete that it auto triggers the extraction timer and I want to say one or two bounty types seem to still expect you to get to extraction yourself to start the countdown? At least I believe extermination for some reason doesn't auto trigger an extraction countdown. I mean if people want to stay longer they should be allowed to. 

Having said that I wouldn't make it an expectation that anyone entering a blind bounty group would choose to stick around for more than the bare minimum to complete the bounty and dip.

It makes sense to enter a bounty group and then bail after one rotation, but not the star chart ones. The bounties have other potentially useful drops that only need a single rotation to complete, and are usually the focus of people running them.

The start chart ones have literally nothing else going for them except weapon parts/relics/lenses(lol). It is certainly faster to queue into these from orbiter navigation, and to just chain them from the zariman elevator for nightwavem but we are talking a few seconds per mission tops. If doing 5 in a row took even 2 min longer by loading in and running the bounty version instead for improved loot, i would be surprised. 

What really gets me, is that most of the zariman missions first rotations are SO EASY, running them public and waiting on others has to be a bigger delay than simply running it solo. It is literally a lose-lose situation for both sides when people do it this way. 

Archived