Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's List All The Weapons Damage 2.0 Has "killed"

jrkong

my only issue with the acrid now is that if you put any elemental mods on it they'll mix with its its base tox. which means that if you still want it to do its dot you cant have any elementals on it unless you pair them up with something, which then creates issues because it eats up valuable mod slots and power... it'd be really nice if we could choose whether or not elemental damage types mixed after modding but i don't see that being an option any time soon. ah well lethal torrent build here i come

my only issue with the acrid now is that if you put any elemental mods on it they'll mix with its its base tox. which means that if you still want it to do its dot you cant have any elementals on it unless you pair them up with something, which then creates issues because it eats up valuable mod slots and power... it'd be really nice if we could choose whether or not elemental damage types mixed after modding but i don't see that being an option any time soon. ah well lethal torrent build here i come

There is still a Toxic mod you can add.

Ancients also have 0 armor.

they seem to be "hulking" wich is about what most heavies are.

why didnt codex had that info?

also holy artificial difficulty batman, its night imopssible to mod fang prime with the correct status if i got the dual NM mods. i keep getting absurd types that flat out disobey the mod order

also holy artificial difficulty batman, its night imopssible to mod fang prime with the correct status if i got the dual NM mods. i keep getting absurd types that flat out disobey the mod order

Yes. I was hoping that the codex would have more details about the composition... Hopefully added later

The fang prime thing sounds like a bug, might want to throw a picture and a thread in the bug forum.

Synapse is a bloody monster now when you make it into a magnet rifle. I call it the soul extractor.

Well Magnetic is either really effective or has no bonus damage currently. Frankly I think they should make Infested resistant to it but that's just me.

Its not that I want any of Your help, in the first place ~ grammar boy.

Sorry, I have to side with 'Grammar boy' your sentence gave me a headache too.

I couldn't care less, point is this patch is not ready for roll out... too many bugs, too many too "proud" people on forums. Chill and try to understand people. Don't force people to eat your crap as You'd like they would - they won't. I stated point in technical thinking manner if You cannot understand it - well its not my problem - but its very much Your own.

Strun Wreight deals about no dmg at the moment. Screw elemental S#&$ ~ thats not the way to fix issue with people not using them anymore.

So what is then? saying something doesn't work when people are trying to sort things out without provided feedback just leaves us right where we started.

What CAN be done iyo?

I know what the codex says but they still take the bonus damage from armor weaknesses.

Ok. That's something I can help you with. I'm not at my computer right now, but if you tell me the base values it has (Impact, Puncture, Slash) I can tell you which mods will make it do damage again.

97 impact

22 puncture

30 slash

2x (15% critic)

while my mods are applied

400.4 impact

489.7 puncture

123 slash

3.2x (28.5% critics)

i still do not have most of the new mods ~ and its not like i cannot test elementals; already did that with sweeper, and I was overall dissapointed. A lot of options but they simply are not good enough.

Edited by CyklonDX

Nerfed?  you mean ruined your Acrid, Soma, Kunai build.  They same build everyone ran with.

I think the changes are not complete, and that the point is to not have One build that is the Highest DPS in game.  I got a Loadout for Scanning, Grineer, Corpus, Infestation, and one for all around purpose.  The weapons to the same damage (mostly)  Just not the same damage against every target.

I couldn't care less, point is this patch is not ready for roll out... too many bugs,

If only there were a group of testers they could try out the patches. They could call that version a Beta and everyone that played it could be considered Beta Testers who would play the game and give feedback about what is and isn't working after an update.

If they had that...

Edited by Wahooo

97 impact

22 puncture

30 slash

2x (15% critic)

while my mods are applied

400.4 impact

489.7 puncture

123 slash

3.2x (28.5% critics)

i still do not have most of the new mods ~ and its not like i cannot test elementals; already did that with sweeper, and I was overall dissapointed. A lot of options but they simply are not good enough.

Ok, yeah that's very similar to my build too. Remember that those "Armor Piercing" mods that the shotgun has only increases our Puncture damage, and since Strun Wraith only has 22 base, it's going to scale the worst out of the three, while an "Impact" mod will scale very very well.

Once we find Shotgun Impact and Shotgun Slash damage mods, we will be using those instead (unless fighting Grineer of course)

As for elementals, only use Blaze Vs infested

Combine electricity and Blaze Vs Grineer (also keep those puncture mods)

Corpus is a little trickier - You want blaze in the 8 spot, and have Cold and Electricity before Blaze, so that you get Magnetic. You'll also want impact, but again, that will come with time.

Ok, yeah that's very similar to my build too. Remember that those "Armor Piercing" mods that the shotgun has only increases our Puncture damage, and since Strun Wraith only has 22 base, it's going to scale the worst out of the three, while an "Impact" mod will scale very very well.

Once we find Shotgun Impact and Shotgun Slash damage mods, we will be using those instead (unless fighting Grineer of course)

As for elementals, only use Blaze Vs infested

Combine electricity and Blaze Vs Grineer (also keep those puncture mods)

Corpus is a little trickier - You want blaze in the 8 spot, and have Cold and Electricity before Blaze, so that you get Magnetic. You'll also want impact, but again, that will come with time.

1) corpus die, fast. Too fast if I may say. About 1 hit/kill on jackal, about 5-7 hits on hyena... using similar build "anti-tank" weapons. While other factions ex. infested recive about 60dmg on cirtis where they are lvl 31 (about 60? in old system?) while on not fully lvl up braton i get better hits on 'em.

2) if I also may I would like to state that naplam and flamethrower guys (lvl 45?+) rape even maxed rhino in few sec, it takes about 1 sec while in flamethrower range with frost prime to die.

Edited by CyklonDX

If only there were a group of testers they could try out the patches. They could call that version a Beta and everyone that played it could be considered Beta Testers who would play the game and give feedback about what is and isn't working after an update.

If they had that...

Well there are those gamers that have early content access, who paid as founders if you have forgotten.

I couldn't care less, point is this patch is not ready for roll out... too many bugs, too many too "proud" people on forums. Chill and try to understand people. Don't force people to eat your crap as You'd like they would - they won't. I stated point in technical thinking manner if You cannot understand it - well its not my problem - but its very much Your own.

Strun Wreight deals about no dmg at the moment. Screw elemental S#&$ ~ thats not the way to fix issue with people not using them anymore.

lol. The strun wraith deals a different type of damage now. Adjust your build accordingly. You're not being technical, you're being narrow. You're building how you used to. That S#&$ don't fly no more son.

On one hand I like that it's making no one weapon be the best in the game...but on the other hand I find it really annoying I have to set up all different loadouts and remember to switch to them just to be able to do any sort of damage against enemies...I liked having just general mods I could put on my weapons that'd ensure it'd do decent damage. Not having to specifically order and combine JUST the right ones to be able to take out one sort of faction.

Honestly this new system is confusing as hell to me. I just want to be able to kill stuff and not have to spend tons of time playing mod dress up and setting up outfits..

It's only been a day. Are you a child?

They've had a long time to test this stuff out, it's just another instance of DE not playtesting anything at all.

For your information, I do like to consider myself a child. I'm growing older, but I grew up a number of years back, hated the stress it was causing me, so I decided to start being a kid again, so thank you for noticing.

They've had a long time to test this stuff out, it's just another instance of DE not playtesting anything at all.

For your information, I do like to consider myself a child. I'm growing older, but I grew up a number of years back, hated the stress it was causing me, so I decided to start being a kid again, so thank you for noticing.

You have absolutely no idea what untested code looks like if you actually believe this...

They playtested this pretty heavily if the only problems found so far are balance problems...

You have absolutely no idea what untested code looks like if you actually believe this...

They playtested this pretty heavily if the only problems found so far are balance problems...

This^

There is a little thing called acceptance testing.

Everything may work logically/syntactically with the code itself, but it does not always do what it is intended or work perfectly when the users (as opposed to developers) get their hands on it.  That is when patches/hotfixes come into play.  I wouldn't even push this damage system passed beta stage yet.

Edited by Penthos