Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Get Rid Of Strict Nat

Kempeth

Question

I've forwarded the two ports mentioned by Warframe and even disabled the Windows firewall, yet I still cannot connect to friends.

Does Warframe need some other ports it's not telling me?

I've got a Monowall and there's no mentioning of uPnP there.

6 answers to this question

i'm using IPfire -- linux foss router software. (similar to monowall, just not freebsd)

and having no troubles after forwarding the ports.

i would suggest looking above your router for the troubles. (i.e. finding out what ip your router is receiving, etc.)

are you certain you're not on a carrier grade NAT connection?

I've just been able to determine that my ISP is not doing anything to block the game. If I use an port check service it gets through to firewall.

My firewall is set to allow incoming.

My Router is set to pass it along to the PC.

And my PC firewall is also set to allow incoming on those ports.

I have not been able to set up a game with Kempeth for weeks, but today was the first time I got the "Strict NAT" error when logging in. I relogged and the error wasn't there, but of course we still cannot manage to connect. I tried switching ports from the 3000 range to the 4000 range, but no luck. I do not think my problem is Strict NAT because I only got the message once and no longer do? But the connections are still an issue; I also have trouble connecting with many other friends as well.

Hoping desperately that update 12 has something to make this less of a headache, as I feel my time with Warframe is about evenly split between actually playing and dealing with connection issues -- and I say that as someone who loves the game and has played for many hours.