Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elements+Damage Types And Their Bonuses Add More To

Fijasrules

I really enjoy the new damage system and how there are now "perfect" builds on certain weapons for each faction. I have been using all my old weapons that i enjoyed using to try and find functionality and have found many niches that weapons fit into.

Please list your results below I will add it to the list.

Elements-

Puncture-Use vs grineer

Impact-Use vs corpus

Slash-Use vs infested 

fire-Use vs infested

cold-Use vs corpus

electricity-Use vs corpus

toxic-Use vs grineer

blast - good in general but strongest vs infested also works against grineer fairly well

magnetic-great vs corpus stops moas+other machines in their tracks not so good against other factions.

gas-good vs infested+grineer. The dot is nice.

Viral-Use vs infested-"Makes them a cakewalk"

Corrosive-Use vs grineer-

Radiation still missing

Weapons Post. Which weapons are good vs what faction without mods. Please list your results would list more 

Lanka-Corpus

Brakk-Good spread vs all

Edited by Fijasrules

Weapons with innate elements have a much higher chance of proccing their status, it seems. I ran around with Ignis using Blast(Just a Frost mod on, nothing else), and proceeded to stunlock just about everything I came across, given good chances. 

Viral and Corrosive are boss killing effects, as they take away 5% of the target's max HP per status trigger. 

Despair is good against Infested once again, being decent in both Puncture and Slashing.

Acrid and Torid have endured a terrible nerf, in that their DoT damage is NOT affected by mods at all, leading to many god tier players tossing their splatguns on the ground and crying.

Radiation is interesting. It seems to have a Chaos-like effect on those affected by it. They will start randomly attacking anyone, including thier own teammates.

I was soloing Vor for some scans, and my Lecta was set up so that it'd deal radiation damage. While fighting Vor, some enemies would start attacking each other. In fact, a Butcher ran up to Vor and started wailing on him. XD

However, I've heard that some people have had their sentinals turn on them due to radiation damage caused by enemies, so... yeah. Better keep an eye on your Carrier/Dethcubes.

Edited by Braken